• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Contender, or not?

floplag

Is this team in playoff contention  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Is this team in the playoff mix

• This team in the playoff mix in some form
    • Are we pretty much already playing golf

23 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I would tell you but you probably couldn't hear me with your head up your arse. 

:dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon:

But, just for the record, you are admitting to knowing what their respective weenies taste like, correct?  I mean, regardless of where hangin n wangin's head is currently positioned at the moment.  Just going with what's implied here...

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

But, just for the record, you are admitting to knowing what their respective weenies taste like, correct?  I mean, regardless of where hangin n wangin's head is currently positioned at the moment.  Just going with what's implied here...

I don't kiss and tell ... it's our little secret 

17 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Touche Lou.

Believe me I am thrilled and having fun watching this team.

But in reality the spirit of my posts were not off.

1). If you consider the nature of normal hyperbole in language on a message board, saying this team had "zero chance" of contending was certainly factually incorrect but I am pretty comfortable that 93 out of 100 baseball experts would have also categorized the Angels as among the teams to be the long, longshot.

2). On 5/8 I thought the best plan at the deadline was to move some expiring contract bodies.  I still thought that at the deadline (so did many "experts"), and I still dont think that would have been a mistake.

I want the team to win as much as anybody with my heart, but my brain still thinks this team doesn't have a roster good enough for success in a postseason.

So have fun poking at me for hyperbole instead of perfectly accurate language but there isn't much valid point to it.

All of baseball is surprised but I guess I am an idiot for being surprised?  Something like that?

What will prove me literally 100% wrong will be if the Angels all along have known they will aggressively address all of their 2018 needs in free agency/offseason trades so unloading extra bodies for any fringe prospects isnt necessary.

I hope to be wrong more than you hope I am wrong.

I want to win, but what I really want is to go into the playoffs with a team built to actually win it. . .not just check off a box that the team made the postseason.

The team has made the postseason 10 times.  Any honest analysis would say their overall postseason success as a franchise is marginal.

It seems pretty healthy and honest to me to have sights set past just making the postseason in a random year where almost nobody thinks you have a chance.

Fun?  Sure.  But I still am totally unsatisfied with the roster and will stick by my expression of my priorities on 5/8 choosing to fix that over hoping for the 6% chance they could wiggle into the last wildcard spot to most lijely perpetuate the meh postseason legacy.

All that said, I hope they win it all, DUH!

lol