• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Chad Tracy

jsnpritchett

It's another minor league deal.

https://twitter.com/MikeDiGiovanna/status/428556138909425666

1B-3B Chad Tracy and #Angels GM Jerry Dipoto have a connection going back to Tracy's years with #DBacks (2004-2009).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/tracych01.shtml

Edited by jsnpritchett

`

Well, the Bees are going to have some depth.

Ha...yep, that's one way of putting it!  :)  I've lost track of how many dudes we've signed over the last few weeks, but I've gotta think half of them won't even be around at AAA when the season starts.  I can't ever remember an off-season in which we've signed so many vets to minor league deals.

Oh man there's a name I haven't heard in a while. I remember a lot of Halo fans wanted him around 2006-2007

That is exactly what I remember. Fans were complaining the Angels hadn't a real 3rd baseman since Glaus left and that Figgins was just another slappy middle infielder out of place.

Of course I admit I was one of those guys that felt Figgins was the wrong guy for the job and wanted the Angels to pick up Garrett Atkins. For a 3 year period Atkins was taking advantage of Coors field then fell completely off the table. During that same period Figgins was developing into a very solid defensive 3rd baseman and the Angels leadoff hitter. Figgins was more of an offensive boost than Atkins would have been at the time the way the Angels were constructed.

Edited by Eric Notti

Baseball Reference has him ranked #1,727 all-time among hitters, right behind Mickey Hatcher.

His career .333 OBP is pretty decent.

probably not what you want to have on your gravestone. "i was a major leaguer, but i wasn't as good as mickey hatcher."

I thought he was signing with the O's?

I was confused by this at first. But the O's signed another Chad Tracy, the son of former manager Jim Tracy.

If our Chad Tracy can do something similar to what he provided the Nats in 2012 (.269/.343/.441), this will look good.