• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No State of the Union thread?!

I was trying to listen to it on the way home from work but it just got more and more irritating listening to the President basically put lipstick on this pig he created. Then tried the heartstrings approach to wrap it up with this soldier he knows... I'm just not buying it. This administration has done more to take away citizen rights and put everyone under the federal governments thumb through the IRS and spying on it's own citizens.

Worse was the Republican response by homespun Senator/Mom and her life of working through college, as if most Americans don't and her story is somehow special. More flowery bull crap of how the country could be great if we all just stepped in line with the Republican ideals and yet for all of her promises of a plan for prosperity not a single concrete statement was made as to what the hell this superior plan contains. Another we have to pass it to know what it is platform.

This entire administration including the colon of government, the Congress, needs a good enema and flush.

found this comment on a political blog, posted during the speech:

Currently on TV (cable/California 6:00 to 7:30 pacific) Armageddon, Highway Thru Hell, Opposite Worlds, A Different World, Dangerous Grounds, Lab Rats, Pretty Little Liars, Gangsters, Ridiculousness, Up In Smoke, Criminal Minds and the State of The Union Address. 

Obama's show fits right in.

Edited by fan_since79

In the old days, presidents used to write out the SOTU report and send it over to Congress. That's all the Constitution requires. How it became a big media show and campaign-style appearance by the president, I have no idea.

Now he's going out on a four-state tour to promote his "ideas". It's like a permanent campaign for this guy. He's trying to prop up a failed presidency with bells and whistles.

Edited by fan_since79

I was trying to listen to it on the way home from work but it just got more and more irritating listening to the President basically put lipstick on this pig he created. Then tried the heartstrings approach to wrap it up with this soldier he knows... I'm just not buying it. This administration has done more to take away citizen rights and put everyone under the federal governments thumb through the IRS and spying on it's own citizens.

Worse was the Republican response by homespun Senator/Mom and her life of working through college, as if most Americans don't and her story is somehow special. More flowery bull crap of how the country could be great if we all just stepped in line with the Republican ideals and yet for all of her promises of a plan for prosperity not a single concrete statement was made as to what the hell this superior plan contains. Another we have to pass it to know what it is platform.

This entire administration including the colon of government, the Congress, needs a good enema and flush.

Pretty much 

Obama is looking beat

He was supposed to be so much more and yet voluntarily descended into the poster child of power corrupts.

His first step off to the abyss was surrounding himself with the Clinton machine. He wasn't cognicent that the machine he beat in the first election had so many flaws that it should have been avoided.

Obama has been so bad not even LTH will defend him anymore and has taken up shooting stuff in the desert with his neighbor.

In the old days, presidents used to write out the SOTU report and send it over to Congress. That's all the Constitution requires. How it became a big media show and campaign-style appearance by the president, I have no idea.

Roosevelt was the first to do it at night over the radio, Truman was the first to say it televised in '47 if that answers your question.

No reason to watch because I can already guess what it was -  lies, threats or digs at the other side about working together and some democrats popping up and clapping annoyingly like they just got selected to participate from the audience on the price is right.  I couldn't care less what any politicians say any more I want to see results.  Obama has done what I thought was impossible 6 years ago, a worse job than Bush.  I'm tired of his schtick and I hope the 2014 elections open some eyes but I doubt it happens.