• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

think your job is tough?

I've actually done that before at the Exxon-Mobil plant in Torrance. I've never had a fear of heights, but don't really like them either. You just kind of sack up and think of the job at hand. Plus, that gig I did was the second most deadly so they have you take so many safety precautions with harnesses and what not. The view though is something else. We would always pause and take it in as we worked nights and and would see the whole LA skyline lit up. Cool experience.

Alex Honnold has sick poise, to be able to free style climb something like that tall rock formation.   It doesn't seem like there are many crevices at all to get a hold on. 

tony yaniro is an alumnus of the school where i work, and he and i went to college together. he did free climbing. had the strongest arms and hands i've ever seen. i was in the bike storage room in our dorm one night (it was a pretty quiet place to study) and he came in for a little workout. the walls were made of regular ol' cinder block. he was able to grasp the space between the blocks, where the mortar is, and he climbed up and down those walls and scooted side to side like spiderman. honestly, it was the most impressive physical demonstration i've ever seen.

someone at abc found out about him and he did some work on tv in a reality competition survivor series a few years later.

I used to sail Tallships for a living. I can't tell you how many times I was 100 ft up the rig in wind and pitching seas with my feet on foot ropes taking in sail. It may have only been a 100 ft, but it got  a little crazy sometimes. Mostly fun.

It's weird, you wouldn't think it, but the wind was something to consider. I know when I was doing this gig so close to the Pacific we would always get get gusts off the water. It was something that you would just consider and adjust with.

It's weird, you wouldn't think it, but the wind was something to consider. I know when I was doing this gig so close to the Pacific we would always get get gusts off the water. It was something that you would just consider and adjust with.

most definitely, I can't imagine trying to free climb a 1500+ foot tower while having to deal with 60 mph gusts. people don't realize what the atmosphere is like at that altitude. And there's nothing around you to block it.

unless you count your climbing partner who blocks you at the bar after the shift