• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Life sentence for drug dealing

Well, they exist, and as a small minority, they always will. I favor a 'Don't ask, don't tell', and all perversions kept for private, as promoting homosexuality and other anti family agendas harm the nation and the child.

Personally, I'd ask them to seek the Catholic Church and repent.

Making a shitload of tax money. The first round of (possibly estimated) tax numbers came out recently.

We haven't had national news stories about domestic violence, six car pile ups, or deaths related to marijuana. 

Yeah I haven't heard anything in the news, so I guess that means it's been going good.

Last thing I heard was in regards to the cash friendly stores getting robbed. If I understand correctly, the sellers need dope to be recognized by the banking industry as a non-criminal enterprise so they can use the banking system as anyone else with goods to sell would use it. 

Edited by Jim

Obama said he wouldn't pursue prosecution against financial institutions who do business with places that operate in compliance with state laws in Washington and Colorado. So those places should have an easier time banking now. Of course Obama could change his mind as he has before. But I don't think he will on this one. The tide is clearly turning. Marijuana legalization is soon to be widespread. It costs too much money to keep it illegal. It could actually be earning money and instead it's costing money.

I'd be very surprised if the banking institutions as a whole side step actual law and regulations simply on the word of who Obama would or would not prosecute. Has it gotten to the point where Obama alone decides which laws we will be abiding by, and which ones we won't? Crazy days    

Having watched a ton of documentaries and read quite a bit on the subject, I am starting to think part of the reason marijuana hasn't been legalized is the government makes more off raids than taxing legal dispensaries. It does trip me out that some people are emphatic about closing dispensaries, but you would never see them trying to close bars.

As for the banking regulations with legal dispensaries, it was Eric Holder that talked about opening up banking restrictions to allow legal dispensaries to operate like normal businesses. I think he is even writing the legislation or working with those that write it up.

No laws were changed. They made the very clear. They just aren't prosecuting. It's like a cop not pulling you over despite him seeing that you're going 50 in a 45.

Exactly, no laws have changed, it is still unlawful for banks to do business with anyone possessing and distributing marijuana. The national bankers see the situation as to big a risk. “They say the guidance from the Department of Justice and the Department of Treasury doesn’t change the fact that possession and distribution of marijuana violates federal law, and any bank that supports those illegal activities could be prosecuted or sanctioned”. In short, it doesn’t matter how many memo’s the Treasury Dept., the Justice Dept., or the President writes it is still a federal crime under the current law. What you’re suggesting the banks do is trust a career politician who just so happens to have his hand on the Justice and Treasury Dept.’s at the moment. Trust the President with your livelihood; he’s a man of his word after all.

No, it's not like a getting a ticket for five miles an hour over the speed limit, not even close.   

I'm not suggesting that the banks do anything. I'm saying that the administration said they wouldn't prosecute if certain guidelines were followed. I have no opinion as to what banks should do. My only two points were that it will possibly become easier in the near future for these shops to conduct business more legitimately and that the president choosing what laws to execute isn't a new thing. Anything else that you've inferred from my posts is just you reading too much into it.