• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your favorite personal sports memory?

in high school i had a roommate that was a real jerk, a real know-it-all, done-it-all kind of guy who thought he was a better athlete than me. we were playing hockey in the gym one sunday and he was in goal on the other team. i scored 4 goals against him that afternoon, including one blast from the point that ripped the glove off his hand and into the net, with the puck still inside it.

that pretty much ended the bragging on his part, and that was before we even started softball. case closed.

I have a few favorites...

-Flying back to New Jersey with a couple of friends to see the Devils lift their first Cup back in '95.

-Listening to our Angels comeback in game 6, right after my team won our Department softball tourney for the first time.

-Kings finally winning a Cup.

And personally...

-Playing goalie for OCC water polo, and beating Saddleback in 4 it's with 17 saves, 5 steals.

-Goalie for the USA National Police/Fire Team that took Silver in Quebec.

-Part of an Olympic World-Record setting swim relay team in Quebec (200M freestyle relay)

-Winning Gold this past summer at the World Police/Fire games in Ireland (50M freestyle)

-Breaking par at my 9 hole golf course (Rec Park 9, LB) 

• 2 weeks later...

Pitched every inning for the championship team in the 1999 Middle East Softball Championships. I hit pretty well but our SS got MVP.

Bowled 802 at the Gold Coast lanes in Las Vegas in 1993. 270-279-253.

Ran 3 straight racks to complete the come-from-behind victory in a 9 ball tournament at the AGS barracks, Kadena AB, Japan in 1986

Edited by arch stanton

Pitched every inning for the championship team in the 1999 Middle East Softball Championships. I hit pretty well but our SS got MVP.

Bowled 802 at the Gold Coast lanes in Las Vegas in 1993. 270-279-253.

Ran 3 straight racks to complete the come-from-behind victory in a 9 ball tournament at the AGS barracks, Kadena AB, Japan in 1986

Captain Leisure over here! Guessing you're a solid ping pong player too.