• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun: Breakout Candidate

Torridd

Calhoun is overlooked a lot by outside people because he's old for his developmental stage.

I think with guys like Donaldson and Carpenter breaking out at an older age, it makes Calhoun a potentially similar case.

Now I don't think Calhoun is going to put up a 5+ WAR season but I think he's going to impress a lot of people and post a 3-3.5 win season.

I'm definitely on board the Calhoun bandwagon.

.281/.357/.469, 17 HR, 14 SB, 139 games

Going along with above average defense in RF, if Calhoun puts those numbers up he's going to be a staple of this lineup for a long time.  The fact that he's LH and gets on base at above a .350 clip makes him the perfect hitter to bat in front of Mike Trout. 

Going along with above average defense in RF, if Calhoun puts those numbers up he's going to be a staple of this lineup for a long time.  The fact that he's LH and gets on base at above a .350 clip makes him the perfect hitter to bat in front of Mike Trout. 

I'm really excited to see what he can do - I think he's a lot of fun to watch, like he can do surprising things at any point, sort of like Bourjos (although in a different way). Now that Petey is gone, he'll be my second favorite Angel to watch next year.

I'm really excited to see what he can do - I think he's a lot of fun to watch, like he can do surprising things at any point, sort of like Bourjos (although in a different way). Now that Petey is gone, he'll be my second favorite Angel to watch next year.

maybe they will release Blanton so Calhoun can be your favorite. 

I think my favorite part of Calhoun getting an every day spot is the validation it offers prospect enthusiasts that saw him at Inland Empire. Some guys like Trout, it's obvious they're the best player on the field and are future major leaguers. With Calhoun, you have to look a little harder and ask the guy sitting next to you if he's seeing what you're seeing. And even then you wonder how it all transfers.

Calhoun was an excellent find by the Angels scouts because clearly there's more to him than meets the eye.

I think my favorite part of Calhoun getting an every day spot is the validation it offers prospect enthusiasts that saw him at Inland Empire. Some guys like Trout, it's obvious they're the best player on the field and are future major leaguers. With Calhoun, you have to look a little harder and ask the guy sitting next to you if he's seeing what you're seeing. And even then you wonder how it all transfers.

Calhoun was an excellent find by the Angels scouts because clearly there's more to him than meets the eye.

He's a transformer too? He is one of either Inferno, Red Alert, or Fireflight, you all decide.

This board is going to completely lose it when JB is penciled in over KC.

No kidding, and that would likely happen. Then I might just be forced to pen those infamous threads you all love so much.  ;)  I know you all can't wait for those to commence. On second thought, hopefully they don't - their absence would indicate a successful season.