• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Delivery Pizza Taste-Test: Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Little Caesars, or Domino's?

They mass produce pizzas then throw them in a warmer.

I agree about Costco.  Those pizzas are great.

Lets talk about costco pizzas for a moment. 

You can't beat the value for volume/$.  However, the uncooked pizza purchased on the inside is less greasy (and probably not as good tasting) as the one purchased at the window.

Costco's uncooked deep dish is pretty tasty for $10.

A pie like that at Selma's (Santa Margarita), Rance's (Costa Mexico) or Tony's Little Italy (Placentia also the Best) will set you back $30.

I agree with Adam, get the dough from Claro's or just make it yourself.

Oven is good, you just need to take off the pizza pan/stone half way through and do a combo of bake at 450F and Broil to brown the top and bottom adequately.

BBQ is also fantastic.   Sucks for all you tools who don't live in So Cal and are freezing balls right now.   We BBQ'd pizza Sunday night.   It was maybe 65 around 5p.

And I agree about Papa John.  Douche.

His business has the naming rights to Louisville's Papa John's Cardinal Stadium used by the University of Louisville's football team. He donated $5 million for the naming rights.[7] Schnatter made a further donation for the stadium's expansion, and extended his naming rights to the year 2040.

Schnatter made a million-dollar contribution to the Louisville Zoo's Glacier Run expansion.[8] His Calistoga Bakery sponsors a bike team and donated money to build bike trails.

On May 28, 2009 Schnatter was announced as Honorary Chair of the Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting Louisville's Norton Cancer Institute.[9]

In 1983, Schnatter sold his 1972 Chevrolet Camaro to help his father's struggling business. He used the left over funds to start Papa John's. Decades later, he offered a reward of $250,000 for finding the car, and on August 26, 2009, Schnatter bought the Camaro back for $250,000.[10] In celebration, Papa John's offered a free pizza to anyone who owned a Camaro.[11] The actual Camaro is on display in the company's headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky. The company owns several replicas that are used on tours and for public and TV appearances.[12]

Schnatter has been married to his wife, Annette, since 1987. The couple have three children: Kristine (b. 1987), Danielle (b. 1990), and Beau (b. 1999). The Schnatter family resides in Anchorage, Kentucky.[15]

Schnatter identifies as an Evangelical Christian and is a member of the Southeast Christian Church.[16]

Positive philanthropy record, check

Sold prized possession to help father, check

Family man, never divorced, and religious, check

What a douche.

Up until 20 or so I thought all yellow cheese was cheddar. When I worked drive thru at Wendy's in HS people would always ask if we had something other than "American." I assumed the yellow cheese was cheddar so I told everybody we had that. So basically I gave a bunch of people American cheese when they specifically said they didn't like it. 

Positive philanthropy record, check

Sold prized possession to help father, check

Family man, never divorced, and religious, check

What a douche.

Donation to school = write off to lower taxes

Sold the car = man you fall for any spin huh?   Part of a good business is a good story behind it.   

Family man = And a drunk at basketball games.   Everyone has skeletons.   

In 1983, Schnatter sold his 1972 Chevrolet Camaro to help his father's struggling business. He used the left over funds to start Papa John's.

We're supposed to believe that the funds from a 9-year old car not only saved his father's business, but were enough to start a new one? 

This is why I never trust the biographical sketches posted to Wikipedia. 

We're supposed to believe that the funds from a 9-year old car not only saved his father's business, but were enough to start a new one? 

This is why I never trust the biographical sketches posted to Wikipedia. 

Five thousand dollars can go a long to to saving a small business.  Sometimes you just need to pay the rent for a couple months.

Also, being drunk at a basketball game means nothing.

Did you miss the part about the funds also paying to start Papa John's?

Don't like the way a guy looks = douche.  Gives a bunch of money to charity = doesn't matter.  Don't like the way he looks.

Same people argue that we shouldn't care what Angel players have done in their past.