• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Waiting on David Price

Cdaniel

This team could help itself a lot in the long run this trade deadline.

If the team is middling around .500, they should trade Howie, Aybar, Iannetta, Frieri, Freese and possibly Hamilton if the Angels eat a ton of his contract. This would help them start to retool the roster a bit, replenish the system and still remain a decently competitive team.

What if we signed Arroyo for two years and made a push for Price when he becomes a FA in 2016. The Arroyo contract should allow us to extend Trout and still put a competitive Rotation with some depth for the next couple of years plus it allows us time for Skaggs and Santiago to develop. Imagine our rotation in 2016.

Price

Weaver (contract year)

Wilson (contract year)

Richards

Skaggs

Santiago

Green.

That's pretty stinking solid. Also depending on how we draft and how the young guys develop it gives us a trade chip in Wilson. Not sure what the money would look like in 2016 but two big contracts come off the books in Weaver and Wilson and Hamiltons comes off in 2017. I was just doing some forward thinking. What do you think the chances are that we can land Price?

Pujols will be 36 and Hamilton will be 34 when all this comes together. I just don't think we can wait.

Ok, here is my non weak excuse. I don't want to give up Trout to get Price, and we don't have the pieces to get him without giving up Trout.

I think something like Skaggs, Calhoun and Lindsey would get a deal done for Price. Would I do that? Hell no, but I do think the Angels have enough pieces outside of Trout to pull off a trade of that magnitude

Edited by SoWhat

I think something like Skaggs, Calhoun and Lindsey would get a deal done for Price. Would I do that? Hell no, but I do think the Angels have enough pieces outside of Trout to pull off a trade of that magnitude

I think that would get talks started. That said, no.

It isn't that it's too much to give up, it's that it's too much for the Angels to give up. They can't afford to trade young players right now. I'd rather they keep them and finish third then trade them and finish...third.

I think that would get talks started. That said, no.

It isn't that it's too much to give up, it's that it's too much for the Angels to give up. They can't afford to trade young players right now. I'd rather they keep them and finish third then trade them and finish...third.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it either. I'm just pointing out that the Angels do have the pieces to get a trade like that done. Im hoping they sign one or two arms for depth and go into the season with the young guys at the middle to back of the rotation

Did you notice the Angels have none of the top 100 prospects in baseball?

They can't get Price.

It's quality. Not quantity.

If the Rays are going to trade Price they need a pitcher back who has the upside to be a top of the rotation starter. (That's why you hear Zach Lee, Taijuan Walker, Archie Bradley). The Angels don't have that guy. No amount of adding volume to a deal changes that.

That would not even be close. Without Trout we simply do not have the elite prospect talent to make such a deal.

That would not even be close. Without Trout we simply do not have the elite prospect talent to make such a deal.

Everyone values players differently. Everyone thought Trumbo could only bring back a bucket of balls and we ended up with two young cost controlled arms. IMO, I thought the package of players I listed was really appealing, maybe because I'm really high on each guy