• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As of today, Who wins the AL West?

19HALO71

Blue Jays need a second baseman. I'd trade Grant Green for Janssen or Santos

See this is where we keep screwing up in my opinion... i wouldnt trade green, id trace kendrick

We know what howie is, green may be better in the long run

Edited by floplag

See this is where we keep screwing up in my opinion... i wouldnt trade green, id trace kendrick

Howie is a really solid player and has been super consistent since his call up. You know year in and year out he'll provide 2.5-3 wins a year.

Now, if a deal came along where we got a super nice pitching prospect and a bullpen arm, I would probably pull the trigger.

I just don't think it makes sense from the Angels perspective to do it now since it hurts the team next year and they're basically in a win now mode.

I also wouldn't hesitate to trade Green since Lindsey projects as a much better 2B.

Taylor Lindsey will takeover at 2B once Kendrick is gone. Green's defense isn't good enough to be an everyday player and his offense doesn't make up for. The guy is expandable

Edited by SoWhat

My first reaction to this thread was definitely "Rangers in a land-slide."  But the more I look at their team, the more question marks I see.  Starting with the rotation: Darvish is a stud, but Holland is injured and who knows what to expect from Harrison.  Even assuming Harrison is healthy, a 1-3 of Darvish/Harrison/Perez is solid but not spectacular.  Personally, I think Weaver/Wilson/Santiago match up well with those three.

Their bullpen takes a big hit with the loss of Nathan, IMO. 

Their offense should be good, but it should be noted that they lost some key pieces in Kinsler, Gentry, Pierzynksi and Cruz (assuming he doesn't come back).  Again, while Choo/Beltre/Fielder is formidable, I think Trout/Pujols/Hamilton match up well.  And the rest of our lineup is deeper. 

The A's have a great pen, but I think their lineup over-achieved last year, and I question the depth of their starting rotation.   I could see them regressing a bit this year.

But I still  have those two teams ahead of the Angels, due mostly to the depth issue.  I think if the Angels sign Arroyo, they close the gap by another game or two, but right now I'd put the A's and Rangers as 88-94 win teams, with the Angels at 84-88.  Of course with some good luck and good seasons from some of our key players, that number could go up quite a bit.