• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As of today, Who wins the AL West?

19HALO71

Texas had the best pen in the league behind KC last year. I expect it to be around the same this year.

Of course.   Athletics hitters are due for regression but the Rangers pen shouldn't at all.    BS aside, if Feliz and Soria are all the way back they likely will be excellent again.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Texas, Oakland, Los Angeles Angels, Seattle, Houston.

I know Seattle has spent some money and made some improvements but when has any Seattle free agent signing (other than Ichiro from Japan) ever worked for them?

Texas just seems to do enough to be more competitive than the rest of the West and Billy Beane seems to be able to continue to work with mirrors up in Oakland. His win percentage per payroll dollar spent has to be among the best in baseball over the past decade

The Angels?  What have they really done to improve at this point? The big trade (Bourjos to St. Louis for Freese and Santiago) is OK for us but not anything that makes us 10 games better than 2013. I think our pen might be a bit better in 2014 but we really have not addressed the rotation issue much -- oh yeah, Mulder is coming back from 2006 to rescue us.

Houston? if they played everyone else like they did the Halos in 2013, they'd be in playoff contention.

PREDICTION: Halos wind up with 84 wins, out of the playoffs and with Gary DiSarcina as the new skipper for 2015 with a certain 'Special Assistant to the Owner' named at Mike Scioscia trying to figure out what 'other duties as assigned' means..........

Texas, Oakland, Los Angeles Angels, Seattle, Houston.

I know Seattle has spent some money and made some improvements but when has any Seattle free agent signing (other than Ichiro from Japan) ever worked for them?

Texas just seems to do enough to be more competitive than the rest of the West and Billy Beane seems to be able to continue to work with mirrors up in Oakland. His win percentage per payroll dollar spent has to be among the best in baseball over the past decade

The Angels?  What have they really done to improve at this point? The big trade (Bourjos to St. Louis for Freese and Santiago) is OK for us but not anything that makes us 10 games better than 2013. I think our pen might be a bit better in 2014 but we really have not addressed the rotation issue much -- oh yeah, Mulder is coming back from 2006 to rescue us.

Houston? if they played everyone else like they did the Halos in 2013, they'd be in playoff contention.

PREDICTION: Halos wind up with 84 wins, out of the playoffs and with Gary DiSarcina as the new skipper for 2015 with a certain 'Special Assistant to the Owner' named at Mike Scioscia trying to figure out what 'other duties as assigned' means..........

santiago came in the trumbo trade, not with freese. salas came with freese.

A's

That bullpen will be nasty.

This is why I wish the Angels would sign another reliever. I'm fine with Frieri as the closer, but I still think the front end of the bullpen is shaky at best. They are going to need a lot of guys to step it up in order to have a good pen this year. That includes Frieri.

This is why I wish the Angels would sign another reliever. I'm fine with Frieri as the closer, but I still think the front end of the bullpen is shaky at best. They are going to need a lot of guys to step it up in order to have a good pen this year. That includes Frieri.

Who is left for pen guys we would want?  Not being a smartass, I am just curious who might help us at this point?  Pretty slim pickins out there. 

Blue Jays need a second baseman. I'd trade Grant Green for Janssen or Santos

Nolin and Jansenn for Howie would be interesting. 

Although if they were serious about trading Howie, I think it would have happened. I could have lived with a Mark Ellis/Green/Romine platoon at 2B but obviously it's too late for that. 

I've picked the Angels every year since 1973. I don't know why I would change this year.

Angels

Rangers

A's

Mariners

Astros

This is pretty much where my prediction lies. The Angels will win anywhere between 72-99 games. 

Like you, my main concern is with the bullpen. Not being OK with Frieri as closer aside, I am hoping Dipoto still has a card up his sleeve in the way of another bullpen arm. Yes, we absolutely need another SP. We also need IMO another good bullpen arm before ST starts. It's what is going to save us 3 to 4 innings of most games throughout the season.