• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As of today, Who wins the AL West?

19HALO71

I'm not going to pretend that I know what the other organizations in the AL West have been doing. But I know some of you have really been following the transactions of the other AL west teams.

If the season were to start today, How does the AL West play out for the 2014 season?

If we finish third or fourth again, I don't see how Scioscia and/or Dipoto could stay.

Here's how I see it. If we finish third it should mean the end for Mike. I have no problem letting Dipoto stick around if Arte will let him pick his guy to manage and if Arte will not interfere. Now, if Arte keeps Dipoto, you almost have to look at that as an admission that he blames himself rather than Dipoto for Pujols and Hamilton. I am sure we can all admit that Blanton was an absolute awful move by Dipoto, a move that made no sense then and it makes no sense now. I also think he backed himself into a corner signing Blanton that gave him a tighter budget that lead to us signing Madsen. I can forgive the Walden for Hanson trade because Walden just wasn't very good for us and he was taking a chance on Hanson returning to form. I love a couple of pick ups he has made including the Trumbo trade, the DDLR trade and the Green for Callaspo trade. I understand the Petey for Freese trade even if it is unpopular.

Pujols and Hamilton All Star versions.....Angels 1st place.

Pujols and Hamilton 2013 versions.....Angels 3rd place again.

Thats the reality and I think the entire organization knows it.

That is close to how I see it. I will say it this way:

Pujols and Hamilton return to 90% of what they have done, playoffs.

Pujols and Hamilton are injured or play like last year 3rd or 4th place.

Here's how I see it. If we finish third it should mean the end for Mike. I have no problem letting Dipoto stick around if Arte will let him pick his guy to manage and if Arte will not interfere. Now, if Arte keeps Dipoto, you almost have to look at that as an admission that he blames himself rather than Dipoto for Pujols and Hamilton. I am sure we can all admit that Blanton was an absolute awful move by Dipoto, a move that made no sense then and it makes no sense now. I also think he backed himself into a corner signing Blanton that gave him a tighter budget that lead to us signing Madsen. I can forgive the Walden for Hanson trade because Walden just wasn't very good for us and he was taking a chance on Hanson returning to form. I love a couple of pick ups he has made including the Trumbo trade, the DDLR trade and the Green for Callaspo trade. I understand the Petey for Freese trade even if it is unpopular.

I'm with you until you mention the Green for Callaspo trade which was absolutely pointless.  At the time it looked good because I thought he was going to play third but they never considered him for third.  It was a wasted trade.  They don't need Green.  They still have Howie, plus Lindsay coming up.

If the majority is picking the Angels finishing in third or fourth place ... then I don't understand how you can blame MS. This will be on Dipoto not Scioscia.

maybe people are taking the MS factor into account when making their predictions.  Perhaps with a new manager, people would pick us to be first. 

If we take last years stats and this off seasons acquisitions into account (which is all we have), then I'd say

Rangers

A's

M's

Angels/Astros

That's assuming each team plays like it did last year, and then with the added talent. 

However, I'm betting on a much better showing by Albert, Josh and Co and would say:

Angels/Rangers

A's

M's

Astros

edit; I'm also assuming we get another SP and Fuentes doesn't close all year. 

Edited by Jim

I'm with you until you mention the Green for Callaspo trade which was absolutely pointless. At the time it looked good because I thought he was going to play third but they never considered him for third. It was a wasted trade. They don't need Green. They still have Howie, plus Lindsay coming up.

Yea, well we won't agree on everything. I liked Callaspo, but he was just a guy. I was surprised we got Green for him, but I still think he can play a real role on this team. I am curious what kind of looks he gets and where he gets those looks in spring. I also thought maybe they picked him up to give them more depth to trade Howie.

Pretty much. What's interesting is if one plays well but the other doesn't. Then it comes down to how much the pitching improves.

Well I'm hoping for a great healthy season from both Hamilton and Pujols but any team that has Mike Trout on the roster should not have 4th place as an option.