• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matter of Perspective?

If we are hypocrites for supporting players who we once disliked (because they were on a rival team) then what does that make all the butthurt Rangers fans who still hate on Josh Hamilton?

You Rangers fans have such an inferiority complex that you have to sign up on a message board of a team you don't follow just so you can tell all the big bad Angels fans how wrong they are about your team. Yes I said Rangers fans (you are not even close to the first to sign up here trying to defend your team's "honor"). I swear you guys have a forum that is specifically designed to track down negative posts about your team and then send off factions of users to enlighten the ignorant.

The Rangers have an extremely successful franchise right now. They have great ownership who is willing to spend money when needed, an excellent farm system, and a MLB roster that should help the team compete for years to come. And yet, you guys still care about what Angels fans are saying on their own message board. Why? Shouldn't you be too busy not caring what the fans of a 3rd place team in your division are saying? If we are "wrong" and are "hypocrites" why do you care so much? Care enough to create an account calling out a specific post about your team. This is so utterly baffling to me I can't even.

Enjoy your team's success. Stop caring so much what other fans think. You aren't going to make their opinion change, nor are you going to make their view of the franchise any better. If anything, it makes it worse.

First of all, it is useful for me to point out that I'm a Texas Ranger fan and have been since they moved to Texas in 1971.

But, more importantly, I'm not a troll. For the most part, I enjoy reading Angelswin because there are some genuinely funny comments on here. If I had wanted to be a troll and stir up trouble, I would have done so long before now.

However, I have to make a "hypocrite'' call after reading a lot of recent postings concerning Matt Garza.

I may be wrong, but it seems as if the majority of posters would love to get Matt Garza for the Angels' rotation.

This, however, is in direct conflict with the "Garza fits right in with the Rangers'' thread which appeared on Aug. 3. The vitriol aimed at him then was remarkable.

In other words, you couldn't stand him then, but you love him now? What's changed? Oh, maybe it's because he was on the Rangers?

Same thing applies to Josh Hamilton. Most posters here couldn't stand him when he was with the Rangers, but when the Angels signed him, you were ecstatic the Angels' front office stabbed the Rangers in the eye.

And as far as Garza is concerned, I believe he showed his true value last summer with Texas. He's not a No. 3 starter and he may not even be a No. 4.

More than likely, I won't post here again, but I felt the need to point out the obivious hypocrisy in some of the threads on this site.

This is the part that makes me think you are trolling. You imply that you have been here a long time yet you create an account name that specifically relates to one specific thread and post.

Sorry that's trolling and you should take responsibility for it. If you had used a normal nerdy name like "Glen" I would have taken you more seriously. :P

Just what we need... a Ranger fan telling Angels fans when they're being hypocrites. Yeah, every board needs one of those.  Now, if we can just get an ARod apologist and a few more "super fan" police we'll be set.  Oh and if we could get an A's fan to constantly comment about Angel fan attendance, that would be nice too.

I don't understand where the conflict is here.  I think everyone here acknowledges that Garza's a gigantic douche right?  We also acknowledge that the Rangers as a team are full of a bunch of gigantic douches.  In that sense, Garza fit in perfectly, just like Pierzynski fit in there.  But on the flip side, most Angels fans will readily admit that Garza, douchy as he may be would've improved this pitching staff.  

Need to be careful when calling other fans hypocrites.

Ranger fans got all butt hurt when Hamilton made the accurate description by saying the Arlington area is not a baseball town. During the final 4 games of the season, they played the Angels in Arlington with the Rangers still battling for the division. Here is the attendance for the 4 games that would decide the Ranger's playoffs fate.

Game 1: 54.4% full (It was a day game, but only half capacity?!)

Game 2: 77.5% full

Game 3: 80.2% full

Game 4 (still a deciding game): 83.1% full

So not only were they the most crucial games, it was also against the hated rivals with their most hated player. Not a single sell out. Rangers then played the Rays for the 1 game playoff in Arlington.....attendance....88.8% full. Still no sell out.

In other news: The two PRESEASON Cowboys games.... 95% full, 76k+ fans for each game. Yep, PRESEASON football could sell out a stadium.

If somebody starts their very first post on a forum having to say "first of all I'm not a troll",

they are probably a troll.  The username, the thread......................................................................

yep.

Almost as foreshadowy as "With all due respect" or "No offense, but..."

I don't understand where the conflict is here. I think everyone here acknowledges that Garza's a gigantic douche right? We also acknowledge that the Rangers as a team are full of a bunch of gigantic douches. In that sense, Garza fit in perfectly, just like Pierzynski fit in there. But on the flip side, most Angels fans will readily admit that Garza, douchy as he may be would've improved this pitching staff.

and to be fair, as bad as this team has stunk the last two years or so, it could definetely use a douche....

That said, Ive always considered texans to have a full set of teeth. Dont they circumcise themselves by kicking their sister in the jaw? So I think youre painting us all with a broad brush stroke, HP.

Funny...when I started the "Garza fits right in with the Rangers" thread back on August 3, I never realized that my words would come back to haunt me.

Oh wait, I still don't want Garza. I think I (as well as many others) have been pretty consistent in that.

I think thou dost protest too much.

Nothing to see here, move along.