• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Harry Reid should do stand-up

• 2 weeks later...

He should have retired a decade back.

Voters can be sheep, most definitely.

It had nothing to do with that, honestly. Harry Reid was essentially beaten regardless of his opponent until the Tea Party hijacked the GOP primary and advanced a woman so psychotic that even staunch Republicans couldn't stomach her. Sharron Angle lost her home county, and she lost counties that always vote Republican. Some wisdom from the one and only Ms. Angle, as only she can tell it:

"We need to phase Medicare and Social Security out."

"I hope that's not where we're going, but you know if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn this country around? I'll tell you the first thing we need to do is take Harry Reid out." (Angle advocates killing her political opponent, literally)

"People ask me, 'What are you going to do to develop jobs in your state?' Well, that's not my job as a U.S. senator." (Just what voters in the state with the nation's highest unemployment rate wanted to hear from a candidate for one of their US Senate seats)

"We needed to have the press be our friend ... We wanted them to ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported." (Not surprisingly, this was during an interview with Fox News)

"You can make more money on unemployment than you can going down and getting one of those jobs that is an honest job, but it doesn't pay as much. And so that's what's happened to us is that we have put in so much entitlement into our government that we really have spoiled our citizenry and said you don't want the jobs that are available."

"So that's what we want is a secure and sovereign nation and, you know, I don't know that all of you are Latino. Some of you look a little more Asian to me. I don't know that. What we know, what we know about ourselves is that we are a melting pot in this country. My grandchildren are evidence of that. I'm evidence of that. I've been called the first Asian legislator in our Nevada State Assembly." (Angle telling Latinos that some of them look Asian, which endeared her to minority voters)

"When I said privatize, that's what I meant. That I thought we would just have to go to the private sector for a template on how this is supposed to be done. However, I've since been studying and Chile has done this." (Explaining replacing Social Security with a model advanced by a Chilean dictator)

"Government shouldn't be doing that to a private company. And I think you named it clearly: It's a slush fund." (Angle telling people what a travesty it was for the federal government to hold BP financially accountable for the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico)

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Don't forget her advocating bringing a chicken as payment to doctors for medical treatment.

Incredibly, that was one of Angle's GOP primary opponents, Sue Lowden, who said that. The Republicans really rolled out the stupid and fluked Searchlight Harry right back to Washington. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Article on Lowden's statement about bartering for health care

I think that this has less to so with her tea party affiliation as it does with her just being dumb and not ready to be a politician. As a politician you can't say what you really think. Her honesty shows her stupidity.

The point is that Angle is the candidate who the Tea Party got behind, and it tipped the balance in the GOP US Senate primary election. One of us could have been the GOP nominee and beaten Harry Reid. He was that dead in the water until Angle showed up. A poll right after the GOP primary showed her with a 14-point lead over Reid. Given two or three weeks for people to find out what she really is and that changed to a seven-point deficit (within less than a month). All Reid had to do was just play Angle's own statements over and over again. He probably didn't even need to campaign. Angle was so far over the edge that her campaign manager canceled a debate with Reid and basically kept her under wraps for the last 3-4 weeks of the campaign. He was convinced that her best chance was to become basically invisible to voters.

• 3 months later...

Reid's son Rory was the Democratic nominee for Governor of Nevada, running at the same time Harry was running for reelection to the US Senate. Many political analysts believe that voters were so put off by Harry Reid - and so irritated about the distasteful choice they had to make in the Senate race - that they would not vote for both Reids.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan