• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LG G2

RallyMo

It has been 5 months and I still love the Note 3. F'n awesome phone!

That said, I handled an LG G2 a few weeks back and I was impressed as well.

The Note 3 is a beast.  I had mine for nearly 8 months.  What irked me was not being able to view the screen clearly in sunlight.  The G2's screen does not get washed out like the Note 3's AMOLED screen (or any Samsung phone for that matter).  

The one negative about the G2 is the weak speakerphone.  Other than that, IMO it is the best Android phone on the market today, superior to the M8, Galaxy Note 3, S5, any garbage that Motorola puts out.

2 reasons come to mind.

1.  Samsung is locking down their phones.  

2.  Samsung adds a lot of bloatware (apps) on their phones which eat up internal memory.

I was a fan of Samsung.  I've had an Galaxy S2, S3, Note 2, S4, and most recent the Note 3.  I even have the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) tablet.  With that said, Sammy continues to add more an more apps onto the basic stock ROM.  Even before adding any apps from the Google Play store, a Samsung phone has 50 or so core apps.  That's ridiculous.  I could get around this problem in the past by rooting (even flashing a different ROM) on the phone.  But now Samsung is making it more difficult to crack their phones.  

Coming from a Note 3 with a brief interlude with the HTC One M8, I have returned to using the LG G2.  It's a plastic phone similar to Samsung, and the UI is more slick and sleek than Samsung's Touchwiz.  Also, battery life is superior to the S4 and even the Note 3 which has a bigger battery size compared to the G2.

I'm glad LG produced a solid phone.  Samsung seems to have become complacent.  

You go through a lot of phones.

On average, a phone lasts between 4 to 6 months depending on the quality of the phone and what else is available on the market.  I usually trade or sell phones on Craigslist or Swappa.  

I have had my s3 for two years......seems to be working fine for me.  Before that I had the original galaxy phone for about the same time span.  My original galaxy phone still works.  My kids use it as a gadget.  

What do you do to your phones?

I have had my s3 for two years......seems to be working fine for me.  Before that I had the original galaxy phone for about the same time span.  My original galaxy phone still works.  My kids use it as a gadget.  

What do you do to your phones?

I root all my phones.  I want full access to delete apps such as Facebook, GMail, and any manufacturer branded apps.  I want as much space on my internal SD card as possible.  Also, I may flash a custom ROM on the phone.  I sometimes delve into flashing custom kernels that allow a user to regulate/govern the CPU speed.  

I root all my phones. I want full access to delete apps such as Facebook, GMail, and any manufacturer branded apps. I want as much space on my internal SD card as possible. Also, I may flash a custom ROM on the phone. I sometimes delve into flashing custom kernels that allow a user to regulate/govern the CPU speed.

That puzzles me if it applies to your G2 at this point. It's the first phone that I have had that I haven't desired to root.

I root all my phones. I want full access to delete apps such as Facebook, GMail, and any manufacturer branded apps. I want as much space on my internal SD card as possible. Also, I may flash a custom ROM on the phone. I sometimes delve into flashing custom kernels that allow a user to regulate/govern the CPU speed.

So rooting your phone makes it last only 4-6 months?

• 4 weeks later...