• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LG G2

RallyMo

I have no issues at all with the UI, honestly. It's just a bit of a change from stock Android.

Furthermore, I use Nova Launcher Prime instead of the LG launcher, so that's not much of an issue for me.

I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus, so battery is a huge deal to me as that phone had pretty awful battery life. I took it off the charger yesterday at 5:30 AM and haven't charged it since. I've used it for around two and a half hours. My battery is at 48% as I type this post.

...and it's absurdly fast.

This is the first Android phone I've had that I have no interest in rooting.

I have no issues at all with the UI, honestly. It's just a bit of a change from stock Android.

Furthermore, I use Nova Launcher Prime instead of the LG launcher, so that's not much of an issue for me.

I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus, so battery is a huge deal to me as that phone had pretty awful battery life. I took it off the charger yesterday at 5:30 AM and haven't charged it since. I've used it for around two and a half hours. My battery is at 48% as I type this post.

...and it's absurdly fast.

This is the first Android phone I've had that I have no interest in rooting.

I hear you. I had a nexus also, that battery life was trash. It would literally last about 5 hours after coming off the charger, and that's light usage with an extended battery! My new note 3 is awesome for battery, I've had it off charging for 4 hours now with lots of email and Internet usage and I'm still at 92 percent.

Not bad. I picked mine up for 200 new off of Craigslist, so I still have my upgrade available.

200 new?! No contract? That's "hot property" money ... or "I owe my dealer big" money...

I'm shopping for one now and I'm struggling to find one under $400.

Edited by Jobu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

S5 comes out in a couple months.

Honestly don't know why anyone would get the LG over a Samsung device.

2 reasons come to mind.

1.  Samsung is locking down their phones.  

2.  Samsung adds a lot of bloatware (apps) on their phones which eat up internal memory.

I was a fan of Samsung.  I've had an Galaxy S2, S3, Note 2, S4, and most recent the Note 3.  I even have the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) tablet.  With that said, Sammy continues to add more an more apps onto the basic stock ROM.  Even before adding any apps from the Google Play store, a Samsung phone has 50 or so core apps.  That's ridiculous.  I could get around this problem in the past by rooting (even flashing a different ROM) on the phone.  But now Samsung is making it more difficult to crack their phones.  

Coming from a Note 3 with a brief interlude with the HTC One M8, I have returned to using the LG G2.  It's a plastic phone similar to Samsung, and the UI is more slick and sleek than Samsung's Touchwiz.  Also, battery life is superior to the S4 and even the Note 3 which has a bigger battery size compared to the G2.

I'm glad LG produced a solid phone.  Samsung seems to have become complacent.