• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New scandal for Chris Christie

He had to say he was sorry.  He got caught red handed.  Either he knew this was happening or he's completely incapable of controlling his own staff.

I liked this guy, but I can see others who like this guy already willing to let this go when there is absolutely no way they should.

You really think this scandal doesn't make him the favorite for the GOP anymore? Seriously?

People actually got fired and a politician said he's sorry.  Good start. This would be a good guide to the ones in Washington that are constantly lying to us and no one ever seems to be accountable anymore.

I don't know that Washington really needs more guides on buck passing.

Christie is showing remarkable aptitude at it though, so there's that.

Edited by jshep

Sitting in Orlando soaking up the last bit of sunshine before I return to the freezer known as NJ. I think all will be forgotten when 2016 rolls around. It will help if Hillary runs. He can compare this scandal to Benghazi, and let the public decide which is worse.

Better yet, why not just admit he did it? Tell everyone that is how he deals with his own state, imagine what I will do to countries that F with us?

Sitting in Orlando soaking up the last bit of sunshine before I return to the freezer known as NJ. I think all will be forgotten when 2016 rolls around. It will help if Hillary runs. He can compare this scandal to Benghazi, and let the public decide which is worse.

Better yet, why not just admit he did it? Tell everyone that is how he deals with his own state, imagine what I will do to countries that F with us?

How many people died with his scandal?

How many people died with his scandal?

Only three as best I can tell, but this lapse in judgment on such a small scale certainly indicates that he'll make petty decisions that will lead to scores more deaths when there is more at stake. It's disgusting.

Edited by RallyMo

He can compare this scandal to Benghazi, and let the public decide which is worse.

You think it would be wise for him to bring this up during an election? How arrogant would it be to say "at least my scandal wasn't as bad"?

Plus, the Benghazi scandal involves incompetence followed by coverup. This one involves legitimate petty revenge-driven malfeasance. No way I want that kind of person in that position of power. They'd be completely untrustworthy.

For what its worth I'm not convinced that Christie was in on this which in my mind brings him back down to the level of incompetence in not picking a good staff. And definitely less people died as a result of this incompetence on his part. But still no way he should be comparing the two on the campaign trail. Saying sorry, denying he knew, and trying to move on is about the only thing he should be doing with this thing.

Edited by HaloMagic

It's better that these poor decision making abilities come out now before we vote them into a higher office. I undertstand that no one we vote for is perfet but some of these things are just down right stupid and have no good justification. It's one thing to make a mistake when acting in good faith but this is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Angels N Skins

What evidence is there that Christie had a hand in this, other than the fact that the people who are already known to have done it worked beneath him?

People really need to hold their horses before wanting someone burnt at the stake.

What kind of leader is he when his top people are doing this right under his nose?  You would almost have to believe they would think he would approve even if they kept him insulated from the actual incident.

Well, he picked the staff that committed the act. So he has shitty judgement of people.

And your judgement of people is flawless? If you were a hiring manager for a large corporation i'm sure your employees would all be perfect do gooders.

That's incredibly short-sighted and a weak cop out.

What kind of leader is he when his top people are doing this right under his nose?  You would almost have to believe they would think he would approve even if they kept him insulated from the actual incident.

What is he supposed to do? Check all his staff's e-mail's daily and go through all their paperwork to make sure they aren't conjuring these scandals?

And your judgement of people is flawless? If you were a hiring manager for a large corporation i'm sure your employees would all be perfect do gooders.

That's incredibly short-sighted and a weak cop out.

I'm not a governor, he's not a hiring manager at a large corporation, and these weren't people way under him. These were people right under him. The ones he personally picked. The ones he interacted with everyday. And they felt perfectly fine doing this. Which worries me. It wasn't one person. It was many. And it's not about them not being do

"perfect do gooders". It's about them committing possible criminal malfeasance. Either he knew and encouraged it, he picked a full staff of terrible people, or he runs a negligently loose executive office where the people under him all run wild. None of those are good and I'd be hard pressed to vote someone in the the office of POTUS who has that issue open on his resume.

Edited by HaloMagic

What is he supposed to do? Check all his staff's e-mail's daily and go through all their paperwork to make sure they aren't conjuring these scandals?

No, his people aren't supposed to believe that a vindictive act against a group of innocent people would be an acceptable thing to do.  Especially since Christie himself said that his top people are like "a family".