• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When will Tanaka sign with someone?

Tanaka's signing date?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. When will Tanaka actually sign with someone?

• By January 3, 2014
    • Between January 4-10, 2014
    • Between January 11-17, 2014
    • Between January 18-24, 2014
    • Between January 25-31, 2014
    • First week of February 2014
    • Second week of February 2014
    • Third week of February 2014
    • By end of February 2014
    • He waits until after the 2014 season.

i don't think he's technically been posted yet. i know that rakuten is trying to do an end run around the new posting system by getting tanaka to pay them personally for letting him go, under the guise of a charitable donation to their stadium improvements. i wouldn't be surprised if rakuten withdraws their decision to post him.

i don't think he's technically been posted yet. i know that rakuten is trying to do an end run around the new posting system by getting tanaka to pay them personally for letting him go, under the guise of a charitable donation to their stadium improvements. i wouldn't be surprised if rakuten withdraws their decision to post him.

He was posted on December 26th.

Edited by Chimi

Chimi, on 02 Jan 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

He was posted on December 26th.

i knew that they decided to post him, but i didn't know that he had been officially posted. there hasn't been any word on the teams that posted the "winning" max bids, at least that i've seen.

edit: i see that it officially began on the 26th. i find it strange that there has been zero media about the negotiations, what teams, etc.

i am convinced that rakutan is still trying to get more money out of this deal, but they may be backed into a corner on their "charitable contribution" nonsense. i don't see how anyone sees that as anything other than an exploitation.

Edited by ukyah

As I understand it, there is no official "posting" for teams in which we'd know who posted.

Any team can negotiate with him at any time up until he picks a team and signs. At the time he signs, the team would then pay the $20M.

Teams obviously don't want to broadcast that they are in or not because it muddies negotiations. If you have a discreet agent, you end up without much in the way of rumors.

I can tell you the Angels are almost certainly going to be in, but unlikely to get him. But you probably already guessed that.

As I understand it, there is no official "posting" for teams in which we'd know who posted.

Any team can negotiate with him at any time up until he picks a team and signs. At the time he signs, the team would then pay the $20M.

Teams obviously don't want to broadcast that they are in or not because it muddies negotiations. If you have a discreet agent, you end up without much in the way of rumors.

I can tell you the Angels are almost certainly going to be in, but unlikely to get him. But you probably already guessed that.

Jeff,

Do you know of any other players that were posted?  There were rumors that maybe Maeda (starter) or Yamaguchi (reliever) might also be posted. 

now this is what isn't making sense, the bid is not automatically 20 million, the max is 20 million. it doesn't make sense for every team to negotiate and if they agree to a contract, then they pay 20 million, because what if "the player" wasn't a max bid guy?

i get that it's a given that the bid for tanaka will be the max, but it doesn't make sense for every other potentially non max bid player. the only way the system works is if there are bids, they are unsealed and the highest bid(s) can then negotiate for their services.

if he's been posted, which he has, then there has to have been a revealed bid scenario at some point. apparently, that has gone unnoticed by the media or kept surprisingly secret by mlb.

The Japanese team sets a price up to $20M. Everyone who negotiates with the player agrees to pay that price if they sign him.

It's a no brainer to set it at the max $20m for tanaka. For other lesser players the Japanese teams will have to be more strategic about setting a lesser price so enough teams will be interested enough to sign the player.

The Japanese team sets a price up to $20M. Everyone who negotiates with the player agrees to pay that price if they sign him.

It's a no brainer to set it at the max $20m for tanaka. For other lesser players the Japanese teams will have to be more strategic about setting a lesser price so enough teams will be interested enough to sign the player.

the japanese teams don't set the bid price. i should say, the japanese teams set the bid price? so, it's not a capped bid process at all. it's a swapmeat.

Edited by ukyah