• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seattle minimum wage increase

Jason

Many businesses have survived all of the current taxes and regulations that they are drowning in. Another crippling regulation ought to finally finish off those greedy capitalists.

Not without drastic change, pay cuts, and lay offs.

Good businesses/owners will always find a way to survive, it's the employees and middle class that get screwed with regulation, taxes, and general government initiatives.

That's a bit one-sided, isn't it? I think we could all agree that neither side has any interest in actually helping the middle class. The objective of both business and government is to suck the middle class dry and leave just enough to keep them desperate for every scrap they are willing to toss their way.

Good point.  It reminds me when the government decided to "help" the middle class by forcing businesses to pay employees time and a half after 40 hours.  As a result, the full-time work schedule went from over 50 to 40.

Then the government decided they would help the middle class by requiring employers to provide them with expensive healthcare for employees that work over 30 hours.  Now the new full-time is 29 hours.

50+ to 40 to 29.  Way to help the people.  This country/economy/world would be so much better off if the government stopped "helping people".

because the majority of people would want to work 50+ hours at their jobs.

It depends on the job, I suppose. If you're a button pusher making a salary, that is one thing. If your compensation is in any way impacted by productivity or profitability, you'll be more inclined to put some more hours in. 

I wish we were all independent contractors. 

i would love to make more money. but my work life balance is more important than working more hours so the man can build an extra wing on his house.

I definitely agree with this. Time is more valuable than money to me as well. 

i would love to make more money. but my work life balance is more important than working more hours so the man can build an extra wing on his house.

You think 10 hours in a week is going to tip that balance? 

Also, it doesn't have to be sheer greed you know.  What if they want to be able to give more to charity?  What if they want to save for retirement and be able to retire one or two years earlier? 

Here in the middle east I see workers who work 70+ hour weeks as a norm or work splits based around the prayer schedule that sees them start at 9 AM and finish at midnight with one off day per week. They send all their money home to families they see for a month or so every 2 years. This is what happens when business owners are allowed to set the standards with no recourse for the imported workers who have zero allies in their home country or their host.

Here in the middle east I see workers who work 70+ hour weeks as a norm or work splits based around the prayer schedule that sees them start at 9 AM and finish at midnight with one off day per week. They send all their money home to families they see for a month or so every 2 years. This is what happens when business owners are allowed to set the standards with no recourse for the imported workers who have zero allies in their home country or their host.

Like Mexicans in California. Got it.