• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What about Michael Young?

19HALO71

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/y/youngmi02.shtml

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/michael_young/

Although he wants a starting position, I would hope he would consider playing closer to home and getting significant  at bats as a DH/3B/1B. I would really like the depth of our bench with him signed on. Thoughts?

Edited by 19HALO71

Green and Ibanez or Chavez as a platoon will put up better numbers at DH than the Angels got out of Trumbo. The issue with these guys is they are awful defensively, which means a lot of games at 1st base for Pujols.

Green may be the type of young player that puts it all together if he just DH's 100+ times. Though I expect Pujols to get at least 30 starts at DH and Hamilton to get the same, Green can still play 125 times, at 2nd and at DH, plus maybe in the OF, or at 3rd or 1st.

Still, looking at the splits, getting Green to play mostly against lefties, and maybe a few righties, while adding Chavez to play mostly against righties, and never against lefties, would lead to a pretty productive platoon split. Somewhere around .830-.840 OPS.

Green and Ibanez or Chavez as a platoon will put up better numbers at DH than the Angels got out of Trumbo. The issue with these guys is they are awful defensively, which means a lot of games at 1st base for Pujols.

Green may be the type of young player that puts it all together if he just DH's 100+ times. Though I expect Pujols to get at least 30 starts at DH and Hamilton to get the same, Green can still play 125 times, at 2nd and at DH, plus maybe in the OF, or at 3rd or 1st.

Still, looking at the splits, getting Green to play mostly against lefties, and maybe a few righties, while adding Chavez to play mostly against righties, and never against lefties, would lead to a pretty productive platoon split. Somewhere around .830-.840 OPS.

Oh and Michael Young was pretty terrible at the plate and in the field last season. 

If we just wanted a straight DH, Young could be that guy, but I think he wants to play the field.

meh.  at one point he was a decent offensive player.  Raul Ibanez is probably as good of a defender.  I'd rather see the team give the job to who they have. 

I get why you would rather go with Green instead but give Young some credit. His defense is still serviceable and multiple positions adds value. Dude can play every infield position and is a lock to hit around .280. That is a nice bench option. Ibanez can't even play catch.  

Edited by Erstad Grit