• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The steps to GLORY!

edgur1995

Pujols was not injured playing 1st base last season. His foot problem was the type that is agrivated simply by any pressure on it. It was not caused by playing.

Not saying he did but would you risk it? Because I wouldn't. We would still have his bat in the line-up. That's what we want.

Dude I'm sure you watched the Angels or else you wouldn't be on this thread but to me, in my opinion, Pujols looked like an old man at 1st and running the bases. At this point we need to conserve Pujols energy as much as we can so he can last the whole season and hopefully the post season. I've promoting the idea of using Pujols as The Red Soxs are doing to David Ortiz, play him at DH for AL Formats then place him at 1st for NL Formats. Its more of a idea of thinking long term. There's still a season after 2014. So I want him as DH because his aging, not the same defender, conserve his energy to last the season and not injure or aggravate his past injury.

I get what you are saying and I actually think it makes sense. My guess is that Mike and Jerry see it differently and will want Pujols playing 1st as many games as possible this year. He will absolutely get time to DH and rest, but I would be shocked if he played fewer than 120 games at first.

We also have to consider that anyone replacing him may not be able to perform as good defensively. Kendrick probably can't. Same with Calhoun. I agree that Pujols isn't what he once was but he is still a better option with the glove than anything else the team currently has. Plus, Pujols seems to be an...emotional player. I wouldn't be shocked if being reduced to a DH would get to his head and cause him to struggle.

I get what you are saying and I actually think it makes sense. My guess is that Mike and Jerry see it differently and will want Pujols playing 1st as many games as possible this year. He will absolutely get time to DH and rest, but I would be shocked if he played fewer than 120 games at first.

We also have to consider that anyone replacing him may not be able to perform as good defensively. Kendrick probably can't. Same with Calhoun. I agree that Pujols isn't what he once was but he is still a better option with the glove than anything else the team currently has. Plus, Pujols seems to be an...emotional player. I wouldn't be shocked if being reduced to a DH would get to his head and cause him to struggle.

I agree!

Dude I'm sure you watched the Angels or else you wouldn't be on this thread but to me, in my opinion, Pujols looked like an old man at 1st and running the bases. At this point we need to conserve Pujols energy as much as we can so he can last the whole season and hopefully the post season. I've promoting the idea of using Pujols as The Red Soxs are doing to David Ortiz, play him at DH for AL Formats then place him at 1st for NL Formats. Its more of a idea of thinking long term. There's still a season after 2014. So I want him as DH because his aging, not the same defender, conserve his energy to last the season and not injure or aggravate his past injury.

It's not about what I want. It's not about what you want. It's about the reality that he's going to bat 3rd and play 1B.

re·al·i·ty
rēˈalətē/
noun

1. 1.
    the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
    "he refuses to face reality"
    synonyms: the real world,