• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade w/Yankees...

floplag

Hey i know its been brought up before but with Ellis now off the board, what left in the 2B market that has any real value?

The Yanks are getting backed into a corner and the only way they would be able to fill the 2B vacancy with anything significant is starting to look like trade... and im pretty sure we have the best possible trade option.

I know they got Johnson... but that was clearly more of an insurance move than anything they really wanted to run out there 150 games in my opinion.   And they need Nunez to backup Arod and Tex as we all know both will be on the DL for much of the season.

This might be an opportunity to sell high for a change on a team that is making too many moves to sit back and go with a backup plan or AAA guy at 2B.

The real question become, what do they have to offer, its clear we would be likely looking for arms, something they dont have an abundance of either in the rotation or pen so.. then again what do they have an abundance of at this point?  i really dont know their system that well.  I dont think they trade Nova, or want to trade Pineida.. and Phelps doesnt excite me so...

...another 3 team deal in the works?

Oh, and in before the bring back Wells jokes... just, no.

Problem for the Skanks is despite the $300 million in contracts just committed to, they still have huge holes throughout the IF and on the pitching staff.

And they don't have much on the farm to offer via trade.

If C.C. continues to decline, Nova can't sustain his 2013 success, and Kuroda is truly now like he was after the ASB, that team is a mess.

agreed... but thats also why i dont think they will stand pat with what they have either.. they didnt make all these recent moves to leave holes in the roster.
I could be wrong.. frequnetly am.. but there has to be something going on to explain why Garza etc.. are still unemployed when its obvious they shouldnt be.

I thnik it probable that the Yanks are looking to deal for a 2B, even if it means losing Pineada or one of their better prospects because they could then just sing Jimenez or Garza etc... but dont want to do that till they fill that need.

Just my 2 cents of course but i know it didnt sit well with them watching Bos win it all based on the moves they have made, perhaps something we can exploit for a change.

Edited by floplag

the Yanks need every bit of starting pitching they currently have and more.  I honestly think they are in on Garza or at least they are going to be.  We know that they will be all over Tanaka if he gets posted.  They have question marks for Kuroda and Sabathia.  Nova is solid.  Phelps is probably a #5 or perhaps a #4 at best although not on a playoff team.  Pineda is the difference maker for them.  If he pitches like a #2, that will be huge for them. 

They are far from done with their pitching staff and are likely inclined to address that first.  If something were to happen with the halos/yankees, it would likely only happen if the Yanks get Tanaka and the halos miss out on Garza.  And even still its unlikely. 

Problem for the Skanks is despite the $300 million in contracts just committed to, they still have huge holes throughout the IF and on the pitching staff.

And they don't have much on the farm to offer via trade.

If C.C. continues to decline, Nova can't sustain his 2013 success, and Kuroda is truly now like he was after the ASB, that team is a mess.

This story on Fox Sports.com details the mess that is the New York Yankees. For all of our problems, and two big underperforming contracts, I had rather be in our spot than theirs. They have the highest ticket prices in baseball, a top-level payroll, a fan base that sees world championships as a birthright, a barren farm system and tons of holes in the roster. There is something to be said for letting players go when it's time instead of paying them lots of money to stay. The Yankees have overspent on players who are fan favorites (Cano is the first such player they have let go instead of overpaying him). They are old with a huge payroll and little, if any. flexibility to fix what is wrong. Even the mighty Yankees, with seemingly unlimited funds to buy players, haven't been able to spend their way out of their current situation. At least we have shored up our major areas of deficiency, whether or not it is enough to put us back in the division race - and it has been accomplished without handing out a lot of major free agent contracts..

I wouldn't want to be Brian Cashman right now.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Garza hasn't been signed yet because early in FA his agent was putting 6/120 out there. No teams bit and they've come down but are still demanding 5/90-95.

I was told the Angels have built two proposals (not sure if they've been submitted) for Garza. One of which is 4 years with a higher AAV and performance based incentives. The other is a straight 5 year pact at a lower AAV. From what I understand, thee offers aren't likely to blow any teams out of the race but at the same time should make them among the stronger suitors. In my opinion, I doubt they exceed Weaves 5/77. I think the Yanks or D-backs will get desperate at give him close to 100 million.

Don't really see a matchup here, Yanks need pitching like us. Hold onto Howie now, let Lindsey continue to develop, and use Howie as trade bait at the trade deadline if we need something or the off-season and have Lindsey ready to take the position. After Bourjos and Trumbo were traded I didn't think Howie would get traded and I'm just fine with that

It may be better to try to work a 3 way trade. If we can get a corner outfielder from a team we could maybe package Hamilton and Kendrick and free up the money to sign a FA pitcher.

I just can't imagine anyone would want any part of hamilton.  Even if we pay some of his contract and give them howie we still aren't getting much back.  At this point, we need him to rebound and have a solid year.  Then maybe he's got some trade value. 

The yankees are gonna get Tanaka somehow.  I just get that feeling.  I wonder if the Japanese team he plays for is trying to work some deal with him where he kicks them back some cash if they post him.