• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Government Takeover: White House Forces Obamacare Insurers To Cover Unpaid Patients At A Loss

Government Takeover: White House Forces Obamacare Insurers To Cover Unpaid Patients At A Loss

In other words, urging them to offer free care to those who haven’t paid. This is a problem because the government has yet to build the system that allows people who’ve signed up for plans to actually pay for them.

All you have to do is read the menacing language in the new regulations that HHS published this week, in which HHS says it may throw otherwise qualified health plans off of the exchanges next year if they don’t comply with the government’s “requests.”

Is it wrong that I'm not interested in any of this because I still have insurance through work? I guess I'm more worried about how it affects my company's decisions going forward. I didn't expect it to be this bad but I expected it to have some glitches. If Obamacare finally gets figured out how will it help or what will it cost for people in retirement?

Members are required to pay the insurer, not the exchange.

We do not put the members in an active status until they have paid us their first premium in full.  They have to pay by the first of the month or their coverage gets cancelled.

If they pay a couple months then stop we cancel their coverage back to the last paid month and collect any money we paid out in claims after that.

They have 60 days to pay us the outstanding premium before we cancel the coverage and recoup the claims.

Finally, anyone that gets cancelled for non payment cannot sign up for an exchange plan until 1/1/2015.

Edited by nate

Is it wrong that I'm not interested in any of this because I still have insurance through work? I guess I'm more worried about how it affects my company's decisions going forward. I didn't expect it to be this bad but I expected it to have some glitches. If Obamacare finally gets figured out how will it help or what will it cost for people in retirement?

i'm in agreement with you, but i see that this is eventually going to be a national health insurance and all of us will be covered by it (except for congress and union members). my concern is that the problems we see now will result in more plans like you and i have getting cancelled and that eventually we too will end up using obamacare. i don't want to lose the plan i have, but i see it as an inevitability.

Tank this is not national health service. This is the government demanding everyone carry insurance regardless of their ability to afford the newly mandated plans. But there is no provision for nationalised social medicine.

not yet, amigo, but i think this lays the groundwork for it to happen, and it'll happen sooner rather than later. 

mark my words - hilary gets elected in '16 and fixes the heck out of this, and it'll become mandatory national health insurance run by the good folk in d.c.

you think it sucks now? just wait.

It seems that when ever you get into an argument with supporters they always just say that it is great to know that if one of my kids develops a chronic condition that no one will cover will now be covered.  that is pretty much the only argument that I hear anymore. 

That's not a bad argument, though. Such a benefit is almost too good to be true. Most people would vote for something like that in a minute.

The only problem is that it's going to cost us uncounted billions of dollars when all is said and done, to insure all these chronically ill patients no matter what.

Edited by fan_since79

not yet, amigo, but i think this lays the groundwork for it to happen, and it'll happen sooner rather than later. 

mark my words - hilary gets elected in '16 and fixes the heck out of this, and it'll become mandatory national health insurance run by the good folk in d.c.

you think it sucks now? just wait.

I think you're right. Hillary in 2016, and a single payer system shortly thereafter.

Stradling,

As an old Angel fan I can personally comment about the ACA' s effect on Medicare. They are taking money from Medicare to finance the uninsured so yes there are impacts.  I enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan and my policy this year had several unwelcome changes - my out of pocket maximum increased from $3400 to $6700 and my inpatient hospital stays went from a $0 copay to $264 per day for the first seven days and my drug copays all went up.  Obviously this is the first year and i expect more of these kind of changes for the next several years.  At this point, at least my premium is still $0 (the government does deduct $104.90 from my Social Security per month) but I expect this to change also