• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Letters: Angels' trade drives fans batty

AngelsWin.com

They like giving up Mark Trumbo about as much as they liked watching Joe Blanton pitch.

Mark Trumbo traded for this year's versions of Joe Blanton and Tommy Hanson? I hereby offer my official resignation as an Angels fan. Good luck surpassing Seattle in the standings with less hitting than last year and the same mediocre pitching.zWZUt0vpc-0

View the full article

Okay, I think these are actual Doggie fans claiming to be Angel fans so they could make real Angel fans look uninformed and clueless.  That's the only explanation I can come up with.

The very first quote ends with "Go Dodgers". The next quote is from San Francisco and the other quote is from Glendale. They aren't pretending to be Angels fans because they didn't claim to be Angels fans. The LA Times is trying to force a story.

I agree with previous posts. These are not Angel fans allegedly writing these letters. And they don't appear to be informed either. The Times has a history of trying to force stories as you say and presenting opinion as news. I stopped reading their sports page when their liberal agenda slipped from the front page to the sports page. I think the article was called "How does race influence the strike zone" that finally chased me away for good. The Angels have always played second fiddle at the times and even local tv stations as well. Informed fans understand that we needed cost controlled pitching and and we needed to give up quality to get quality. Where were all these alleged Trumbo fans when he was on the Angels? Even the first reports had Howie and Mark traded for these players. As if the media couldn't grasp that Trumbo was good enough to get this return. I am amazed how much love there is for our players as they are leaving. Much more so than while they are here. Trout is the exception. We will definitely miss Trumbo but we wish him nothing but the best.

Okay, I think these are actual Doggie fans claiming to be Angel fans so they could make real Angel fans look uninformed and clueless.  That's the only explanation I can come up with.

If you look at responses to articles on any team, you see comments like these. There are enough ignorant fans of every stripe that nobody has to go out of their way to make anyone's fan base look bad. One thing I enjoy about this board is that there are a lot of informed people here who understand both the team and the game, and if somebody says something totally ignorant they are called on it. I have read better analysis here than I have seen on the dedicated sports networks.

That "fan" believes Walks are a false stat.

Yot, this is another Rainman fail on your part. Trumbo's obp was 60 points above his batting average. If he hit .290 his obp via walks would have been .350.

You are the false stat generator. Trumbo's problem wasn't his ratio of bb to pa, it was 180 strikeouts.

Yot, this is another Rainman fail on your part. Trumbo's obp was 60 points above his batting average. If he hit .290 his obp via walks would have been .350.

You are the false stat generator. Trumbo's problem wasn't his ratio of bb to pa, it was 180 strikeouts.

Not quite true. Better said than I here --> http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/battlefield-trumbo/

Did any of these people watch the Angels try to pitch last season? Or any of Trumbo's monthlong slumps?

Nope, they were too busy texting and bopping beach balls. I swear to god the Angels have some of the most ignorant, non-caring fans on the planet. They root for names and nothing else. Angels Stadium is just a giant club to them.