• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yankees already trying to court Trout

bloodbrother

It's already over:

https://twitter.com/FeinsandNYDN/status/411624973774913536

Levine said he called Angels president John Carpino and MLB, apologizing for the Trout comment. "My understanding is the matter is over."

I like that one posters idea. Halos should have told the Yanks to pick up the rest of the Vernon Wells contract.

It's against the rule to negotiate contracts with players under contract with other organizations. Levine stating that he would recommend giving Trout a 10 year contract is interfering with the Angels negotiations with Trout. Obviously it's certainly a stretch of the rules if they are going to get into trouble over this, and it's not like Trout doesn't have any idea what he is worth, but we now have a member of the Yankees front office going on record as to what they view Trout's value at. It can only hurt the Angels negotiations with Mike.

It forces the Angels' hand toward a minimum ten-year contract, if they were considering offering anything less than that. Lesser offers are now off the table, since the Yankees have already put out that they would offer a decade.

I think the Yankees knew exactly what they were doing with that statement.

I don't know, it could be just a dumb moment of forgetting how much weight a person at Levine's level actually has, as well as their consequences.

That said, of course they did. They're professionals at the Yankees. Either way, it's still wrong. And they should be punished. I think a legit punishment would be for the MLB to block every conceivable way for the Yankees ever to attempt to acquire Trout, unless the Angels agree to a trade.

Edited by Kenny