• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

John Lennon

Adam

Good read except for the possible hindsight of what the Beatles as a band represented when they first hit the scene. They may have went with a very calculated image but it was an image most of the rock world had never seen, especially in the US. I could not say this was Lennon's influence, more than likely a very bright producer seeing they could start a trend, which they did.

I can certainly see where Lennon was an egomaniacal prick that was all about himself and McCartney was stealing the spotlight from him. Of the two, McCartney was much easier to sell with his boyish good looks even when they went bearded in the later years of the band. Also McCartney had the better voice and appealed to women as well has hard rockers.

Still, being shot by a fan that didn't like his duplicitous lifestyle does not justify Chapman at all, it just makes him all the greater psycho being all consumed with balancing some scale that need not be righted. Lennon may have been a dick to family, friends and band members but in later life he became more and more inconsequential in the music and political arena and died more of a tragic figure of an artist that lost his way in self indulgence.

In the end he went out as some iconic hero of the times while George Harrison just slipped away from boring old cancer and never really got the same recognition. Seems like that scale will never be balanced.

The only thing in this that I can speak to directly is the home where John Lennon grew up. During a visit to Liverpool several years ago I took a Beatles tour which included stops at the places where the members of the group grew up. Lennon's stood out. While Ringo Starr's parents lived in a small flat when he was born, Lennon's home was virtually palatial. It was much larger than the places where the others lived.

The only thing in this that I can speak to directly is the home where John Lennon grew up. During a visit to Liverpool several years ago I took a Beatles tour which included stops at the places where the members of the group grew up. Lennon's stood out. While Ringo Starr's parents lived in a small flat when he was born, Lennon's home was virtually palatial. It was much larger than the places where the others lived.

He lived with his aunt. I've never been there, but from pictures I've seen and everything I've read, Paul and George grew up in places that were quite meager too.

The fact that his song lyrics were hypocritical is not something that he wasn't aware of and certainly not something that isn't widely known (for those who care to look into the subject). I read multiple interviews where that was pointed out and he was the first one to admit that is was true. People made fun of him for it while he was alive. I read an Elton John biography where, at a birthday party for Lennon--in the mid-seventies, Elton sang rewritten lyrics to "Imagine" saying something along the lines of "imagine three giant mansions. It's easy if you try..." etc... 

The problem with this article is that much of the stuff the guy claims as "facts" are nothing more than his personal opinions. Secondly, half of the stuff he talks about simply isn't true. For the things that are true, he states it as if it's some sort of revelation that no one knows about. For instance, he says that Lennon was a wife beater like no one has ever heard that before or that Lennon hadn't discussed it and acknowledged it a hundred times. It is well known that he was abusive to his early girlfriends and first wife. In the Beatles song, "Getting Better" he even wrote the line "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved."