• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

U.S. drone strike kills 14 in wedding convoy in Yemen, according to Yemeni security officials

jshep

For me, it sure seems convenient for the U.S. to be able to use the "it was a terrible tragedy" line.  Two things though, the U.S. actually never says anything about their drone attacks.  No apologies, no nothing.  Also as arch pointed out, there seems to be little to no care at all if we do kill innocents with our drone attacks.  It's happened before and it will happen again. 

One last thing, I don't blame the guy behind the screen who was guiding that drone.  I blame the folks who decided drone attacks in countries we are not at war with was a good idea.  Have to wonder how much money and weapons we have to be giving away behind the scenes to placate the governments of those countries.

One last thing, I don't blame the guy behind the screen who was guiding that drone.  I blame the folks who decided drone attacks in countries we are not at war with was a good idea.  Have to wonder how much money and weapons we have to be giving away behind the scenes to placate the governments of those countries.

interesting point. i guess it falls under the umbrella of "finding all the al qaeda guys", but we're pissing in someone else's pool here in yemen. we need to be extremely careful about this kind of stuff, though it may be too late for that already.

Jim I agree with you on most on most of what you said. I'm just saying there have been terrorist attacks against people who have nothing to with our foreign policy.I mentioned the Bali bombings, the recent mall attacks in Africa, and despite it being our embassy, the attacks in '98. The Bali attacks are, in my opinion of course, results of a hatred of westernized people. That's not a George Bush ideology. Although one could argue he took advantage of it.

Britain I believe is a supporter of Israel and has been attacked. Possibly more of a result of their presence in Iraq but you can't claim that no other supporter hasn't been attacked. One of the reasons is our support of Israel but not the only reason. As you and mt said, meddling in their affairs and so on.

Believe me, I'm not supporting this drone attack. I know it's illegal and has made matters worse and our government should be ashamed and admit it. I'm just saying it wasn't intentional to target innocent civilians. There goal is to. Believe me though, we are on the same page.

The recent mall attack was 100% the direct result of US actions.  The man behind the attack is Mohamed Abdikadir Mohamed who is known as Ikrima.  We did a Navy Seal attack on his territory about a month before the mall attack.  The mall terror attack was his response.

Britian does not support Israel like we do.  They also played a major roll in the Iraq war and that is why they were attacked.

One last thing, North Africa has the fastest growing Al Qaeda groups in the world.  Why?  Obama started allowing drone attacks in that area a few years ago.

That's the problem with the "war on terror." While I agree with the concept, it opens up to many unknown factors and situations where crap like this happens. Not to mention the abuse of power that comes into play. The concept of killing terrorists is fine by me but doing in countries we aren't at war with isn't good. As frustrating as that is, they'll have to find another way to kill them.

For me, it sure seems convenient for the U.S. to be able to use the "it was a terrible tragedy" line.  Two things though, the U.S. actually never says anything about their drone attacks.  No apologies, no nothing.  Also as arch pointed out, there seems to be little to no care at all if we do kill innocents with our drone attacks.  It's happened before and it will happen again. 

What worries me is that turning our new wars into a drone war is making the war less real for the US and their people.  We don't have to worry about the lives of our troops, so people will care less than they already do about US actions abroad.  Also, it makes the war more like a video game than a war.  I just don't like where this is going.

That's the problem with the "war on terror." While I agree with the concept, it opens up to many unknown factors and situations where crap like this happens. Not to mention the abuse of power that comes into play. The concept of killing terrorists is fine by me but doing in countries we aren't at war with isn't good. As frustrating as that is, they'll have to find another way to kill them.

Personally, I'd rather see terrorists arrested and brought to justice.  I think it is a sham that our country has decided to play judge/jury/executioner on people when they have a horrible record of correctly identifying terrorists.

This is what it is turning into:

"Mr. President, we believe this man is involved in terrorism."

"What evidence we do we have?"

"Sir, a man we gave a thousand dollars to said he was."

"Drone him."

"Yes sir."

We've started down a horrible road.

The recent mall attack was 100% the direct result of US actions.  The man behind the attack is Mohamed Abdikadir Mohamed who is known as Ikrima.  We did a Navy Seal attack on his territory about a month before the mall attack.  The mall terror attack was his response.

Britian does not support Israel like we do.  They also played a major roll in the Iraq war and that is why they were attacked.

One last thing, North Africa has the fastest growing Al Qaeda groups in the world.  Why?  Obama started allowing drone attacks in that area a few years ago.

What does a bunch of people in a mall in Africa who couldn't tell the terrorists what the prophets mothers name was have to do with U.S. foreign policy? Or not being able to claim they are followers of Islam?

I know Britain was involved with Iraq and that's the main reason for the attack. There can be multiple reasons though. No matter how big, they are still supporters of Israel but I'll concede that point.

Drones being used in North Africa is a huge reason for the increase. Al Qaeda going there to take advantage of their anger is another reason. Not to mention us helping overthrow their dictators and causing an unstable situation doesn't help. We certainly didn't learn our lesson from Iraq. Our government is our own worst enemy sometimes. Nothing will change though.

Personally, I'd rather see terrorists arrested and brought to justice.  I think it is a sham that our country has decided to play judge/jury/executioner on people when they have a horrible record of correctly identifying terrorists.

This is what it is turning into:

"Mr. President, we believe this man is involved in terrorism."

"What evidence we do we have?"

"Sir, a man we gave a thousand dollars to said he was."

"Drone him."

"Yes sir."

We've started down a horrible road.

I'd like to see arrests too. Just might not be realistic given circumstances of our own doing and theirs also.

The recent mall attack was 100% the direct result of US actions. The man behind the attack is Mohamed Abdikadir Mohamed who is known as Ikrima. We did a Navy Seal attack on his territory about a month before the mall attack. The mall terror attack was his response.

Britian does not support Israel like we do. They also played a major roll in the Iraq war and that is why they were attacked.

One last thing, North Africa has the fastest growing Al Qaeda groups in the world. Why? Obama started allowing drone attacks in that area a few years ago.

Boy this couldn't be more inaccurate. The raid on his Somali hideout was after the mall attack in response to it.

AQIM is also much farther behind in large scale stuff than AQAP.

Boy this couldn't be more inaccurate. The raid on his Somali hideout was after the mall attack in response to it.

Yeah I'm reading it was in response to something called Operation Linda Nchi.

bin Laden specifically said that it was because the US had been killing innocent people in the Mid East since they introduced themselves in the area in 1954.  And I don't doubt radical Muslims were involved, I just believe they were allowed to carry out their plans and/or assisted. There's no contradiction in what I said.  The government often uses patsies.

Didn't you try to make the argument once that bin Laden wasn't involved with the 9/11 attack, even going so far as to misquote Cheney in doing so?

bin Laden specifically said that it was because the US had been killing innocent people in the Mid East since they introduced themselves in the area in 1954.  And I don't doubt radical Muslims were involved, I just believe they were allowed to carry out their plans and/or assisted. There's no contradiction in what I said.  The government often uses patsies.

lee harvey oswald claimed he was a patsy.

Actually, it is 100% true.  Once again, like with Syria, you don't know your ass from your elbow.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/18/world/africa/kenya-norway-mall-attack-suspect/

In an article about the mall attack it says:

"U.S. officials said Ikrima was the target of a raid earlier this month by U.S. Navy SEALs on an Al-Shabaab compound near the town of Baraawe in Somalia. It's believed that he escaped after the U.S. troops came under heavy fire."

What does a bunch of people in a mall in Africa who couldn't tell the terrorists what the prophets mothers name was have to do with U.S. foreign policy? Or not being able to claim they are followers of Islam?

I know Britain was involved with Iraq and that's the main reason for the attack. There can be multiple reasons though. No matter how big, they are still supporters of Israel but I'll concede that point.

Drones being used in North Africa is a huge reason for the increase. Al Qaeda going there to take advantage of their anger is another reason. Not to mention us helping overthrow their dictators and causing an unstable situation doesn't help. We certainly didn't learn our lesson from Iraq. Our government is our own worst enemy sometimes. Nothing will change though.

The mall attack was in response to the US raid we discussed earlier.  Why they chose the mall?  Who knows.  You'd have to ask them.  Them not wanting to kill Muslims in their attack on the mall?  Maybe they were just being nice Islamic radicals. lol

I agree with everything else.

Actually, it is 100% true.  Once again, like with Syria, you don't know your ass from your elbow.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/18/world/africa/kenya-norway-mall-attack-suspect/

In an article about the mall attack it says:

"U.S. officials said Ikrima was the target of a raid earlier this month by U.S. Navy SEALs on an Al-Shabaab compound near the town of Baraawe in Somalia. It's believed that he escaped after the U.S. troops came under heavy fire."

Haha do you know how to read?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/05/world/africa/somalia-us-shabaab-raid/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Mall attack = September 21

Somalia raid = October 5

Do some research before you throw down some attacks, Jim.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/05/world/africa/somalia-us-shabaab-raid/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Somalia raid = October 5

He is 100% right if he's saying we raided Ikrima in response to the mall attack.

Somalia raid = October 5

Okay.  I see what I did here.  I mixed up the Navy Seal raid and Operation Linda Nchi.  My apologies on getting the two confused.

That said, my point is still 100% correct.  The terrorist attack in the mall was the direct result of Operation Linda Nchi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24186780

It was not just some attack for the heck of it because it was a "low cost, soft target".  And for the record, the US was involved in Operation Lina Nchi by giving intelligence information Somalian and Kenyan (Obama!) military.  Once again, the US gets involved in issues that don't concern us one bit which creates more enemies.

Operation Linda Nchi was back in 2011. I find it doubtful that the attack on the Westgate Mall was a direct response to it. How slow to react are these people? I mean, I've heard of Colored People Time but come on.

Actually, they are the ones who claimed it was in response for Operation Linda Nchi.  They did so on their Twitter feed of all things.