• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets Have Moved on From Drew, Looking for SS via Trade

SigBaby

While I can't imagine us trading three big parts of our offense, we still do match up well with the Mets considering they just signed Colon to a two year deal and Jeremy Hefner. 

If Aybar + Kohn/Jepsen could net us Niese, Rafael Montero, and Ruben Tejada would you do it? Imagine then signing Matt Garza. Something would have to be done about SS, but even a platoon there between Romine and Tejada would be well worth Niese and Montero IMO. Tejada is not a bad hitter against lefties (career .296/.367/.368)

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Garza

4. Niese

5. Richards

Skaggs

Santiago

Montero

Edited by SigBaby

I actually submitted my final 'Hot Stove Trade Specualtion' article where I discussed what I'd want to see happen in trades during the off-season but I think it got lost in Chuck's inbox.

Because I wanted to trade Trumbo, Kendrick, and Aybar I had a trade of Aybar and Shuck to the Mets for Rafael Montero, Ruben Tejada, and Eric Young, Jr. (to replace Kendrick getting traded to the Royals). Tejada platoons with Romine providing offense that approaches what the total of what Aybar provided while giving us equal if not better defense. Montero sits in AAA while Young hits leadoff and plays average defense at 2nd base.

In the ideal trade I'd prefer Syndergaard over Montero but the Mets don't want to trade Noah so Montero would be my only other desired target.

I just have a feeling that if this team is good enough to make the post season in the near future that one of Aybar or Hamilton is going to have a mental lapse of some sort in a crucial situation and really F us. Trade Aybar for another quality SP, free up his salary and sign Choo give Romine and his glove the job.

At this point, the halos can upgrade their rotation by overpaying for Garza and not have to give up a player or a pick.  So the return for Aybar or Howie would have to be a pitcher equivalent to the caliber of Garza with more club control or it's not worth it.  I think you could get Niese or Gee and a prospect for Aybar considering how thin the SS market is, but I don't know if those guys are good enough to satisfy the above criteria.  Aybar can still be traded at any point if necessary and he might have more value after improving over a down year.  I'd still trade Aybar over Howie, but only for the right deal at this point.

Aybar for Neise and then sign Choo and we have ourselves a hell of a ball club

I was going to suggest that.  I think it would be a great idea to sign Choo and trade either Aybar or Kendrick.  Let's be honest, both are on their last two years with the Angels.  Both are valuable with friendly contracts.  Choo really boosts our offense so whatever we lose with Aybar's bat we get with Choo's.

I actually submitted my final 'Hot Stove Trade Specualtion' article where I discussed what I'd want to see happen in trades during the off-season but I think it got lost in Chuck's inbox.

Because I wanted to trade Trumbo, Kendrick, and Aybar I had a trade of Aybar and Shuck to the Mets for Rafael Montero, Ruben Tejada, and Eric Young, Jr. (to replace Kendrick getting traded to the Royals). Tejada platoons with Romine providing offense that approaches what the total of what Aybar provided while giving us equal if not better defense. Montero sits in AAA while Young hits leadoff and plays average defense at 2nd base.

In the ideal trade I'd prefer Syndergaard over Montero but the Mets don't want to trade Noah so Montero would be my only other desired target.

Hey Robert, post that one here!

I'll get the one you sent me yesterday up this morning.

Aybar will be appreciated when he is gone.

He gets way more grief than credit.

I like Aybar but if we could move him with Blanton and not have to send money I'm in. Gives us 35 mil to spend. 5/75 for Garza and 7/126 for Choo.

Weaver

Wilson

Garza

Niese

Richards

Move Santiago to the pen and have Skaggs start out in AAA

LF Choo

OF, DH, 1B Calhon

C Trout

1B Pujols

LF Hamilton

2B Howie

3B Freese

C Conger

SS Romine

That puts us 2 mil shirt of the tax and with Wells off the books next year that gives us 20 mil for trout.