• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Jerry, Hire this guy....

Inside Pitch

The Mariners have only 2 winning seasons in the last 10 years. Only 3 times not last in their division, 2013 was because of the Astros. They have had top draft picks non stop and their farm system is ranked 13th, or about middle of the pack. That is based on how many top twenty prospects they have but three are already have been called to the parent club so their ranking should be lower since those guys are no longer prospects.

But the key here is no change has taken place for the Mariners on the parent club. They have gone through three managers and still compile the same 60-70 win seasons. And that is directly attributed to how they evaluate talent they trade and acquire and that is what Blengino was responsible for, didn't accomplish with any success, was fired and then burned the Mariners front office as a response.

I would not hire a guy that so easily shit on the organization that made his house payment for so many years. He could have quietly left at any time and found work elsewhere. Instead he relayed information to the press about what happens in the board rooms and that is not for public disclosure. He is no one I could trust.

You can't disparage a man for the results of the organization he worked for, and then criticize him again for speaking out against that organization's unwillingness to listen to him.

If he were just defending his job then maybe, but he went to the press to rip the M's management and his employer Jack Z a new one. His job was special assistant to the GM. He was there to do Zduriencik bidding so whatever the cause for their split he has no cause to make it public. It shows a complete lack of ethics to take their money since August, knowing he was leaving the team, knowing they were not giving him a new contract then after his last paycheck tearing into them through the media.

Plenty of executives get released in baseball and few, if any, air their dirty laundry in the press. Even fewer tell the press they falsified their bosses resume so they could get a packaged deal in another franchise. Blengino states he made up a resume for Zduriencik to get them both to Seattle. Now he wants to complain about it and say Z is the bad guy here.

Do you really want this guy in your boardroom? I sure as hell don't.

This is the era of the double wild card. I want to know what you can do for me in the next 2 years. If Trumbo is going to have an outlier season then I'd take odds that it comes in his age 28 or 29 season in a hitter's park. If I have to play the Dogs and Giants 36 times next year then I'm not banking on a guy who might walk a few extra times. I need someone who can turn a single mistake pitch into runs. If they have any aspirations of getting into October in 2014 then the potential he brings outweighs what Skaggs and Eaton bring.

The future is now. - George Allen

If he were just defending his job then maybe, but he went to the press to rip the M's management and his employer Jack Z a new one. His job was special assistant to the GM. He was there to do Zduriencik bidding so whatever the cause for their split he has no cause to make it public. It shows a complete lack of ethics to take their money since August, knowing he was leaving the team, knowing they were not giving him a new contract then after his last paycheck tearing into them through the media.

Plenty of executives get released in baseball and few, if any, air their dirty laundry in the press. Even fewer tell the press they falsified their bosses resume so they could get a packaged deal in another franchise. Blengino states he made up a resume for Zduriencik to get them both to Seattle. Now he wants to complain about it and say Z is the bad guy here.

Do you really want this guy in your boardroom? I sure as hell don't.

But it's quite possible that he's the only man on Planet Earth who has embraced statistical analysis in judging baseball talent.

Edited by arch stanton