• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another DH/1B Idea

Homebrewer

Yankees need a 2B. Send Howie to them for cash, and make em pay over his contract value.

Take that money and get Morales on a sweetheart deal. He owes the Angels a season and a half, and he isn't going to get the 14 mil he turned down.

Back up 1B and DH spot filled, with money left over.

Edited by Homebrewer

Yanks just turned down Phillips for Gardner. Plus Gardner's an FA at the end of the season, so no thanks.

I don't like any of the available options for DH: no on Raul, Chavez, or Youkilis unless it's on a minor league deal, which we can sign other guys on to compete for a job.

All of these are awful ideas. I understand that the fifteenth pick hasn't always been a big success pick, but the way that the Angels system is now, they need this pick. 

So trading it for Kendrys and paying him 3/36, because that's what he's going to want, is excessive.

It's not worth it at all.

All of these are awful ideas. I understand that the fifteenth pick hasn't always been a big success pick, but the way that the Angels system is now, they need this pick.  So trading it for Kendrys and paying him 3/36, because that's what he's going to want, is excessive. It's not worth it at all.

+1

Also want to add that while most prospects never live up to expectations, 1st rounders will hold a high perceived value in their first few years. High value prospects, perceived or real, are what this team needs right now.

All of these are awful ideas. I understand that the fifteenth pick hasn't always been a big success pick, but the way that the Angels system is now, they need this pick. 

So trading it for Kendrys and paying him 3/36, because that's what he's going to want, is excessive.

It's not worth it at all.

What he wants, and what he is going to get, are two different things.

The idea was one year with incentives, maybe a club option for 2. At this point, that is probably what he is looking at being offered.

If Dipoto is going the FA route...I would rather have Kendrys than Ibanez, or any of the other options that have  been kicked around so far.

I like Gardner and I know Phillips had a bad year..but I would have accepted that in a second.

I think Phillips' best days are behind him. His contract isn't very good either.

He's probably an average 2nd baseman going forward. I feel like Gardner can still be a good player with his high OBP, good speed and great defense.

Just my opinion though.