• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corey Hart Signs with Seattle Mariners

Cdaniel

Hart supposedly has lost 20 pounds since his last full season to try to alleviate the strain on his knees.  Maybe it was all pudge and he's just a lean mean batting machine now, but I always worry when I see stories like that.   Not even trying to say it's a steroids issue -- I just happen to think it's hard for a guy to play 6 years at one weight then come in at a completely different weight and not have it impact his play.

I like Green at DH, I think there are cheap options that could be signed as well.   With Ianetta, Conger, Cowgil, Shuck, Lucho -- we have plenty of bats to rotate at DH anyway.

it's a little more common than you might think. most of the time it just doesn't get talked up, and listed heights and weights are usually off the mark anyway. i remember chris gomez who was a ss. he had two bad knees just like hart and his career was over, especially for a SS. he had the surgery and dropped 25 lbs and he was able to play something like 5 or 6 more years with the orioles, i believe. i don't remember the math of it, but every lb of body weight is something like 5 lbs on our knees. something like that. it's why knee problems are so common with being overweight, and conversely it's why dropping 20 lbs can take 100 lbs +/- off our knees.

Edited by ukyah

Did someone really say I like Green at DH

Yep...  

Career minor league batting line of .306/.354/.468 -.822, in over 2000 at bats.   His glove is garbage -- but the bat looks to have some life to it -- why not let him DH?

Oh -- Mark Trumbo career minor league batting line?  .275/.330/.474 - .804

What's your reason for not wanting to use him as a DH?  140 MLB at bats?