• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Next Step for the Halos

edgur1995

[X] Trade Trumbo for SPs

[> ] Booster the pen

[  ] Get a 1st Basemen/DH

[  ] Get a catcher

*- FA Pickups

**- Trades

AL Format:

Catcher: *John Buck/Chris Ianneta

1 Base: *Corey Hart or *Logan Morrison

2 Base: Howie Kendrick

3 Base: David Frese

Short Stop: Erik Aybar

Right Field: Cole Calhoun/JB Shuck

Center Field: Mike Trout

Right Field: Josh Hamilton

DH: Albert Pujols

Bench: Hank Conger

&

1. Jered Weaver

2. CJ Wilson

3. *Chris Capuano (OR: *Paul Malhom or *Jason Hammel or *Bruce Chen or *Erik Bedard)

4. Hector Santiago                             

5. Garret Richards/Tyler Skaggs          

&

- Joe Smith

- *Chad Gaudin (OR: *Oliver Perez)

- *Fransico Rodriguez (OR: Adrew Bailey)

Set-Up: *Chris Perez

Closer: Ernesto Freiri

NL Format:

Catcher: *John Buck/Chris Ianneta

1 Base: Albert Pujols

2 Base: Howie Kendrick

3 Base: David Frese

Short Stop: Erik Aybar

Right Field: *Corey Hart or *Logan Morrison

Center Field: Mike Trout

Right Field: Josh Hamilton

Bench: Hank Conger

- JB Shuck

-Cole Calhoun

&

1. Jered Weaver

2. CJ Wilson

3. *Chris Capuano (OR: *Paul Malhom or *Jason Hammel or *Bruce Chen or *Erik Bedard)

4. Hector Santiago                             

5. Garret Richards/Tyler Skaggs          

&

- Joe Smith

- *Chad Gaudin (OR: *Oliver Perez)

- *Fransico Rodriguez (OR: Adrew Bailey)

Set-Up: *Chris Perez

Closer: Ernesto Freiri

Pujols to me needs to be DH. His coming off injuries, his up there in age, when he played 1st he looked like an old man, and i just want him to focus on hitting the ball than playing defense. That way he can be injury-free and have tons of energy to survive the season. As shown above when we are in a NL format then i think we should put him at 1st and put (if we get Corey Hart or Logan Morrison) in the outfield. Pujols gets his reps at 1st still but only NL formats. i think we should approach him as the Red Soxs did with Big Papi (shown to work). I think the Calhoun & Shuck, who ever gets the nod drama, is totally up to the coaching staff. I'm quite happy if JB starts or if Cole starts. Of course Cole has the more upside but in my opinion JB has something to offer and shouldn't be shunned from at-bats. The Conger and Ianetta duo to me worked (at times) but most times the defense lacked so vastly that it ruined the idea. In my opinion i think that the catcher position needs to be a legit leader and have pop in his bat, hence i proposed a duo of Buck/Ianetta. John Buck was hot the 1st month then fell of, i think he can supply a bit of offense but his a bit more defensive and is a great leader. he works well with pitchers (Harvey for example and the rest of that core). As well i think that we MIGHT need another veteran presence in the rotation, we can't have Jered & CJ be the only ones. We desperately need to improve the pen, I'm shaky at times with Ernesto but i don't want him to lose his closer role but have competition and pick up a stud in the pen and a couple of cheap arms. I think that should be done NOW.

Won't happen, but I'd like to see the Halos trade Iannetta and sign Kurt Suzuki and roll with a Conger/Suzuki combo at Catcher. Suzuki brings more to the table defensively while Conger brings a better overall bat than Iannetta's. Would be a good mix the likes we haven't seen since Napoli/Mathis!!!

He'd be a perfect fit.