• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Possible DH/1B Replacements

Hubs

If Trumbo is traded, we have minor league / young options in CJ Cron & Grant Green.

Yet if they want a major league DH type here are a few names I'd be for and a few names I'd be against.

Lefties:

1) Logan Morrison, Marlins. Never really put it together, but could be cheap left handed power off the bench to compliment Cron or Green. Won't cost much in trade or in salary. He's a type that could break out given the right surroundings, like Loney did last year.

2) Raul Ibanez, FA. Another Lefty that is very old, in baseball terms, but still hit a ton last year. Will have other suitors.

3) Eric Chavez, FA. Lefty can fill in for Freese and at 1st, and also DH. Won't be terribly expensive or two long of a deal.

4) Corey Hart, FA Will cost more than a few others and is coming back from a major injury. 

5) Michael Young, FA. I've always liked him.

Against:

1) Kevin Youklis. He's Done. Plus I've always hated him and his awful stance.

2) Kendrys Morales. I'd be in favor of this sans qualifying offer. Not giving Seattle a first round pick.

3) James Loney. Too Expensive. 

4) Nelson Cruz. Steriods. Texas. Too Expensive.

5) Delmon Young. Just No.

Sign Choo. DH/RF between Choo and Calhoun. Trade Kendrick to KC for another young starter.

my only problem with this would be that our rotation would be Weaver/Wilson and then all rookies/prospects (Richards is close enough).  Angels do need to get younger, but that may leave too many ?'s.  I think I'd rather see them fill out the rotation with a veteran on a 1 or 2 year deal.

All cost too much. Need to get Garza before anything else is done.

not sure i love Garza, but i do agree they should go out and get another SP before worrying about 1B/DH.  Any successful scenario for next year assumes a reasonably healthy and productive Pujols and Hamilton.  If the 1B/DH replacement is making or breaking our season, we're in big trouble.

Who's gonna play first next year. Pujols is strictly a DH.

Wrong: Our first baseman is Albert Pujols. Pujols will get at least 100 starts at 1st if healthy. Calhoun probably gets 25 and Kendrick gets 15. They'll sign a DH type who will also get 15.

Wrong: Our first baseman is Albert Pujols. Pujols will get at least 100 starts at 1st if healthy. Calhoun probably gets 25 and Kendrick gets 15. They'll sign a DH type who will also get 15.

Sounds awesome. So part time 1st baseman for 25 plus million and then two guys under 6 feet at first the rest of the time. 

I don't think Scioscia likes having a full-time DH.  We'll likely see some combination of Pujols/Green/Hamilton/Freese/Shuck.

One of these things is not like the others…. one of these things, doesn't belong.