• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Pujols makes eye-opening comments about St. Louis

jsnpritchett

Just some blogger on a random Illinois website, but still thought I'd post.  I'd be happy to send him back to St. Louis, if he'd like.  :)

http://www.bnd.com/2013/12/10/2952096/albert-pujols-makes-eye-opening.html

Excerpt:

"It's interesting how former Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols has suddenly become so visible again in St. Louis.

Pujols appeared on local sports radio yesterday to talk about the election of former Redbirds manager Tony La Russa to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and during the conversation the subject changed to newly acquired St. Louis outfielder Peter Bourjos.

His former teammate in Anaheim, Pujols predicted great things for Bourjos as a starting player. And then he said that while he hates to see the young centerfielder go, he told Bourjos that he was fortunate that he was going to get to go play in front of the best fans and for the best organization in baseball.

Seriously?

In a vacuum it might seem like Albert was just trying to be nice. But let's remember that not only was his exit from the Cardinals highly contentious, so much so that he was insulted by the Redbirds' initial contract offer and that he made a snap decision to sign with the Angels without even giving St. Louis a last chance to match the offer. Couple that with the fact that Albert wasn't really very accessible to the media for long interviews even when he played here and it was a unique, almost surreal situation. Sure he would gush about the Cardinals fans whenever he was interviewed about some award he'd won. But he rarely would sit and talk baseball for an extended period of time in a radio interview. The situation was also odd because of the fact that Pujols signed that personal services contract as part of his Anaheim deal to promote the Angels. And now he's talking up the Cardinals in public?

Wow! Albert seems these days to be very interested in the building burned bridges business."

`

I still don't get the hate toward our 1B Slugger, by both bitter Redbird fans and butthurt Angels fans who are still pissed over his opening act in 2012 and him gutting it through Plantar Fasciitis this past season.

I'm not saying that's you, Jason, but it's mind boggling to me that because the guy got paid so much, he's suddenly hated.

I still don't get the hate toward our 1B Slugger, by both bitter Redbird fans and butthurt Angels fans who are still pissed over his opening act in 2012 and him gutting it through Plantar Fasciitis this past season.

I'm not saying that's you, Jason, but it's mind boggling to me that because the guy got paid so much, he's suddenly hated.

Oh, yeah, I don't hate him at all.  I liked watching him when he was a Cardinal, and was hoping he'd be the same type of player here.  That said, at this point, given what's facing the Angels moving forward, I wouldn't mind at all if they could somehow move his contract (they can't and they won't--just wishful thinking, and when I saw this article, it made me wish again!).

He disappeared in September of 2012 also, I dont think he hit a single HR.  you can pretty much say we missed the playoffs because of his bad April and Sept.  He's paid to carry this team through struggles.

And baseball is about results not how much guts a person has, I'm sorry if I dont feel bad for him because he has sucked his first 2 years here while collecting 250m.

We don't expect you to feel bad for him. We expect you to understand that he was dealing with an injury. He gets paid a lot, big f'ing deal. To be pissed about it to me is just jealousy. I actually blame 2012 on the pitching in that five week stretch sometime after the All Star break where Haren, CJ, and Santana all shit the bed at the same time. Yes Albert having a monster year would have helped for sure. But offensively for about four months he carried this team along with Trout. Oh and when he was hot, it helped Torii get hot.

We don't expect you to feel bad for him. We expect you to understand that he was dealing with an injury. He gets paid a lot, big f'ing deal. To be pissed about it to me is just jealousy. I actually blame 2012 on the pitching in that five week stretch sometime after the All Star break where Haren, CJ, and Santana all shit the bed at the same time. Yes Albert having a monster year would have helped for sure. But offensively for about four months he carried this team along with Trout. Oh and when he was hot, it helped Torii get hot.

"He gets paid a lot, big f'ing deal."

Really?

I think most Angel fans are HIGHLY disappointed with him. The guy has been crap for 2 straight seasons.

That is a "big fing deal". Talking up another fan base isn't going to help him win friends here.

Just who is this "WE" you speak of?

Edited by Homebrewer

"He gets paid a lot, big f'ing deal."

Really?

I think most Angel fans are HIGHLY disappointed with him. Talking up another fan base isn't going to help him win friends here.

Just who is this "WE" you speak of?

Nor should it lose him fans here. If you are bothered by him talking up his former fan base then that is a you issue and not an Albert issue. As far as being disappointed with his play we all are. But some of you hate the guy because of his poor results and what he is getting paid. That is petty and wreaks of jealousy.

Nor should it lose him fans here. If you are bothered by him talking up his former fan base then that is a you issue and not an Albert issue. As far as being disappointed with his play we all are. But some of you hate the guy because of his poor results and what he is getting paid. That is petty and wreaks of jealousy.

Nor should it lose him fans here?

After 2 seasons here, how many fans has he made?

He should worry about making some fans, before you worry about him losing any.

I'm not saying that it is justifiable to be angry with Pujols, Chuck, but I don't understand why its "mind-boggling" to you that Angels fans are feeling butt-hurt, considering what a disappointment Albert has been.

Albert as Angel:

.275/.338/.485 with 47 HR in 253 games, and 4.4 fWAR over two years

That's pretty disappointing.

I don't hate number 5. I despise the fact the owner signed a player to the worst contract in professional sports history that is going to severely impact this team's ability to add talent for the next 8 years.

Exactly.

Maybe the reason they have the "Greatest Fans" in baseball, is the fact hat they have the greatest FO, that puts the team in  contention and is in the WS 3-4 times a decade. (Unlike the shakey FO that is paying him ungodly money to suck)

Albert has seen only half empty stadiums in September since he has been here, so how can he compare fan bases?

And those empty stadiums are a direct result of his poor play and sucking up the money that could have been spent on players that can produce.

Albert needs to keep his mouth shut and start producing.