• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Trout contract talks could heat up around Opening Day

AngelsWin.com

I'm thinking he'll set records in all years of arbitration, but by extending him with one year left of 500k you'll reduce the overall AAV by several million dollars. Say down to 8/200 from 8/240

I like the idea that has been posted of giving him something like 20yrs/$200M, very heavily front loaded, with an opt-out after 8 years. That keeps the AAV low for tax purposes. 

Are buyouts and signing bonuses considered part of the contract calculated into the per year average? I'm assuming they are but if not there are ways to be very creative. Also, I really don't understand why they would do it this way where it isn't what they pay the player year to year but what the average is per year of the contract, it just seems contrived. Don't get me wrong it will help the Angels in the next few years, I just think it is not the best way to do it. Another way the Angels might want to look at it is pay Trout the most during Alberts big years of being paid, that way when Albert is gone there will be that much more money to spend.