• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto on MLB Networks MLB Tonight right now

Spirit

Dipoto said that moving Trout to LF affected his performance at the plate.

Finally, that's settled.

As I suspected ... Bourjos was traded to keep Trout happy. Trout performs best as a center fielder both defensively and offensively.

I'm not sure I buy that notion but bottom line they need to keep Trout happy.

I agree that Cahill+Skaggs won't happen unless we sweeten the deal.

Is Cahill+Skaggs for Trumbo+Cron too much?

No room to play both with Goldschmidt at first.

But a guy like Yarborough may appeal. Or Morin, or Borenstein.

Jepsen maybe. Frieri would appeal.

It didn't.

A player having defensive issues can have that hurt his offensive game, but this is a joke.

It's one reason I think Congers gonna make a huge jump in 2013, having sorted out his defensive issues.

Dreaaaammm on people. 2 starters?

The time to trade trumbo was December 2011, when he had upside. Instead we played him at THIRD BASE! If we could get 1 SP for trumbo today we would have done it. No ones parting with 200 IP potential for an average OF/1B/DH.

Note to self; 30hr and 100rbi's is average.

Joel Sherman said a trade for Cahill would be the most likely scenario. 

It's been reported that the D-Backs are interested in getting Sale so they would need Miley/Skaggs to use in that trade. 

I like Cahill because he's only 25 but his stats so far say he's very similar to Blanton.  Low 4 era 1.4 whip in the NL? I want Miley and Skaggs and throw in whoever the hell else we have to make it happen.  I'm probably dreaming.   

You all know that trading Trumbo likely means Shuck plays full time next year right?

Yeah Trumbo has his downsides but right handed power is rare. The Angels have Trout and Pujols, plus Trumbo, and have decent power at third with Freese and at 2nd with Green and Kendrick. Iannetta has some pop. They have left handed power in Hamilton, Calhoun, and Conger. Power is something they've got in abundance. A lot if teams dont

A players defense can cause issues offensively. They're concentrating on one aspect of their game and not on another. Trouts stats as a center fielder last year dwarfed his stats as a left fielder. He hit .349 with a .450 plus OBP and a .600 plus SLG as a center fielder.

A players defense can cause issues offensively. They're concentrating on one aspect of their game and not on another. Trouts stats as a center fielder last year dwarfed his stats as a left fielder. He hit .349 with a .450 plus OBP and a .600 plus SLG as a center fielder.

Come on. You can't really believe Trout hits better when he's playing CF!? Lol. 

A catcher moving to 1B or OF should hit better because there's less wear and tear on his body.

Small sample size? It was 2/3 of the season in CF and 1/3 in LF. His OPS was .220 points higher as a CF.

I do agree in the long run it won't matter, but last year he hit better as a CF, I agree with DiPoto on this.