• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto on MLB Networks MLB Tonight right now

Spirit

His comment about Trout's defense was interesting. 

He basically said Trout struggled going back and forth between LF and CF to start the year so his defense was impacted. Once Bourjos had his injury issues, Trout was fine playing in center full time. Makes you wonder if that was a big reason why Bourjos was traded. 

Dipoto says the team is "staying open minded" on Trumbo.

Dipoto: team is going to be more aggressive with players in Spring Training to ensure a better start out of the gate in April.

Dipoto: If we've seen all that Mike Trout is capable of, I'd be shocked.

Dipoto: the move to LF last season effected Trout's offense last year.

I think they've got to get more than Wade Miley for Trumbo. He's a nice No. 4, maybe No. 3, but that's his ceiling. He's not a difference maker without them acquiring another, better guy.

I disagree. He's a good #3 and he's under control for a while, which is what we need. 

In 2 1/2 seasons, he has a 88 ERA- and has racked up 6.4 WAR. A guy who can give us 200 innings and 2.5-3 WAR is exactly what we need. 

His comment about Trout's defense was interesting. 

He basically said Trout struggled going back and forth between LF and CF to start the year so his defense was impacted. Once Bourjos had his injury issues, Trout was fine playing in center full time. Makes you wonder if that was a big reason why Bourjos was traded.

After Bourjos got injuried in July and Trout remained in CF for the rest of the season, I didn't notice a big improvement in his defense.

I think they've got to get more than Wade Miley for Trumbo. He's a nice No. 4, maybe No. 3, but that's his ceiling. He's not a difference maker without them acquiring another, better guy.

I agree. I'm not big on Miley, gotta sweeten the deal and get Skaggs too IMO. Trumbo for Miley straight up is not good enough.

Miley's BB/9 went up and his K/9 went down last season. That moving to the AL scares me.

I'm definitely concerned by the BB rate. The K rate didn't drop much but it's definitely a concern if they traded for him. 

I guess I like the 200 innings and mid 3's ERA he has put up the past 2 years. Miley+ one of their pitching prospects would be a better deal but I'd settle for Miley.