• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Iced Tea

On average how "old" is the tea at In-N-Out? If I understand you correctly, it must be really fresh if it's still warm?

I really like the flavor, but adding a ton of ice waters down the flavor because it melts so quickly.

It's brewed every few hours or as needed. But actually you've got it backwards with the ton of ice part. If you don't put enough ice it melts the ice quickly. If you add a ton of ice, like filling it to the top of the cup then it cools it faster and melts less ice. The same is true of soda that comes out of the fountain.

That statement will get your ass kicked in the south. Sweet tea is a food group south of the Mason-Dixon line. And nobody I've found out west makes it worth a damn.

So a couple of years ago INO moved into Dallas. We serve fresh brewed sweet tea there. It is brewed just like the other tea but as it's brewing we stir in a pound of sugar. What's crazy is it's still less sugar than a soda. But my point is it's a really big deal for INO to add to our actual menu. In my 26 years they've only added four things total, ice tea, lemonade light, DR pepper and Xlg drinks. The only other thing that's really changed is we now serve coke products, we use to serve Pepsi.

VHF, I have had sweet tea before.  In Alabama and FL.  I thought it was awful.  It was like drinking pure sugar.

The whole reason I drink Iced Tea is because it doesn't have any sugar in it.  I gave up soda about ten years ago and switched to iced tea.

Question- At what point does it become painfully obvious that the Angels are not doing jack during the off-season and Soring Training is still months away?

Answer- When a thread about iced tea hits 4 pages.

Are you new?

What the Angels are doing has no bearing on our propensity to go on forever about stupid crap.

When the Angels were perennial contenders,we had a similar thread about the abomination that is the Arnold Palmer. I'm pretty sure it was more active than the gameday thread when we were closing out the Red Sox in 2009.

Also: iced tea is serious business. Check yourself, bro.

It's brewed every few hours or as needed. But actually you've got it backwards with the ton of ice part. If you don't put enough ice it melts the ice quickly. If you add a ton of ice, like filling it to the top of the cup then it cools it faster and melts less ice. The same is true of soda that comes out of the fountain.

Yeah, but if I add a ton of ice, I'd have to go back for tea refills every 3 minutes. 

I'm just too lazy and inept to pull that off...

So a couple of years ago INO moved into Dallas. We serve fresh brewed sweet tea there. It is brewed just like the other tea but as it's brewing we stir in a pound of sugar. What's crazy is it's still less sugar than a soda. But my point is it's a really big deal for INO to add to our actual menu. In my 26 years they've only added four things total, ice tea, lemonade light, DR pepper and Xlg drinks. The only other thing that's really changed is we now serve coke products, we use to serve Pepsi.

About a year and a half ago I had to make a one week trip to Fort Worth for a training session. As I was driving from the airport to the hotel I spotted INO and a Taco Cabana near to each other and those were my regular eateries. Even though half my family is from Mississippi I never acquired the taste for sweet tea. Always had my own pitcher of slightly sweetened or plain.