• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Iced Tea

You add sugar to Iced Tea???  Man, way to ruin a great drink.

Strad, I will take a Double Double with raw onions and no tomato, animal style fries and XL Iced Tea.  If you brought an INO to the Milwaukee area I would keep it in business.

I had a couple friends that worked at the local INO.  I used to head over there when they were on their shift and I would have a couple extra patties in my burger and a bag full of fries.

Warm iced tea is a California thing. When an ex-girlfriend visited me after I moved to Texas, she was surprised by the types of ice (somewhere between crushed and cubed) a lot of restaurants use.

Also, when I ordered tea in California, I always had to specify "iced tea." Always thought that was weird

this is negated by Texans putting mayonnaise in ketchup and calling it Texas sauce.

Since I quit coke in July, I during a lot of iced tea. Love the stuff. It is a fine line though between warm tea and to much ice. I hate when I get a large tea from the McDonald's drive thru and I get three sips if tea and a pound if ice.

At home, I have started mixing Seltzer water with cranberry juice. I missed the carbonation of soda.

I hit INO in RSM at least once a week and then usually swing by another once or twice more a month.

Ketchup and mustard instead of the spread and add pickles please.

4x4 with grilled onions and animal fries. Thx.

Wrong thread and Strad doesn't do delivery.

One of the most irritating things in restaurants is asking a waitress if the iced tea is regular tea, un sweetened, not flavored and then she brings some awful passion fruit crap and says that it is regular tea and most of the customers like it. You just know you will order one thing and get another and you should like it because other customers do, so we just leave.

If you do not know the difference between sweet tea (diabetic death), green tea (grass clippings) flavored tea (which is not tea at all) and honest brewed tea, please do not enter the food service business.

Also iced tea is to have ice in the glass. If you refill the customers glass from a pitcher of room temperature tea and do not provide more ice you have now decided the customer wanted luke warm tea and also you really didn't want a tip.

And last, if the customer asks for no lemon that does not mean put lemon in the glass then dig it out with a fork or your fingers and expect anything less than a nasty stare from the customer you would be wrong. Lemon seeds in the bottom of the glass pretty much is a dead giveaway your fingers were in the glass digging around for the slice, even though you do it at the waitress station. So does tasting the lemon on the lip of the glass where you squeezed the lemon wedge on there like a marguerita glass before salting it.

There are rules here, people. Follow them.

I don't drink soda and mostly get plain iced tea if not water. I don't ever have a problem with saying "regular tea" or "plain tea" and getting it. Most places just use the plain Liptons anyway. I prefer no lemon, but if they mess up I don't mind....read the lemon is good for you.

Agreed on refilling the glass with no ice.

Because it is brewed at about 170 degrees, so yes it will be warm. If we were to say brew it really early in the morning, around 5am and refrigerate it, it won't taste as fresh. Just fill the cup to the top with ice and you'll be fine.

On average how "old" is the tea at In-N-Out?  If I understand you correctly, it must be really fresh if it's still warm? 

I really like the flavor, but adding a ton of ice waters down the flavor because it melts so quickly.