• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waiting for SP price to drop + NO interest in Colon

But are there only one team looking for a second baseman? Anyone that was interested in Howie before is still interested in him now. Also, if the M's throw Franklin in on a package that includes Walker, then he will be traded to most likely the Rays, which means Howie can still be dealt to all the teams that have been mentioned like the Royals.

Yeah, good point. I'm just saying that maybe they don't go after Price and choose to keep Taijuan(which would be better for them IMO) and instead package Franklin with other stuff to get a SP from some other team. In any case, it just created more competition for the Halos when it comes to teams having 2B available to trade, which isn't good. Doesn't mean they can't get a deal done though

I completely and utterly agree with what the Halos are doing right now.  That is a ludicrous contract for Scott Feldman.  I would rather see them do three 1 year incentive based deals for guys looking to rebound and give Shoemaker a chance for a spot as well.  Then you have four guys for 2 spot.  One of the other gets the long man spot.  Joe Blanton can suck it. 

Also, there are invariably a few pitchers that misplay the market and end up left with no where to go by the end of the offseason.  Like Lohse.  I think the compensation guys are at the biggest risk for this.  I think Ubaldo is going to overplay his hand. 

Hasn't Blanton already sucked it enough?

Last year was a good experience for Richards. I expect him to be better this season. Possibly a lot better.

Totally agree, but to expect him to pitch 200 innings might be a little too much to ask of him. I think we need 200 innings from our third starter. I think he will put up about equal stats as a number 3 minus the total number of innings.

Billingsley sucks. Dodgers fans I talk to cannot stand him. Why would we want him?

The Dodger fans I know are more frustrated with his inconsistencies than saying he flat out sucks, Really would depend on what would go back to them since he has injury concerns, inconsistent and has never been an innings eater. I wouldnt give up much at all eventhough his salary is reasonable. 

Well, I am hoping they sign Garza and trade for another starter.

I don't get all the love for Garza.  He was pretty bad with the Rangers last year, and I see no reason to expect him to turn it around if he signs with us.  

As the offseason progresses our options keep getting worse and worse.  

With Scott Feldman off board, RHP Jason Hammel probably moved up on #Angels FA target list

Hammel is a career 4.80 ERA, 1.440 WHIP pitcher.  He's this year's Joe Blanton.  I will be pissed if he's offered as a solution to out pitching woes.  He's more of the same.

Billingsley sucks. Dodgers fans I talk to cannot stand him. Why would we want him?

And yet he is younger and has a better ERA+ than Garza in nearly the same amount of innings.   I think some of the hate for Billingsley has to do with the hype when he came up.  He's their Howie Kendrick -- he was supposed to be Kershaw.

And yet he is younger and has a better ERA+ than Garza in nearly the same amount of innings.   I think some of the hate for Billingsley has to do with the hype when he came up.  He's their Howie Kendrick -- he was supposed to be Kershaw.

I suppose. But he's been awfully injury prone.

Well Garza has a track record of being above league average. Last year when he went to Texas wasn't great, but no free agent pitcher is great. Hell, there is even risk in acquiring a guy like Price who was hurt last year. When the teams are looking at whether or not Garza or Santana are the best free agent pitchers in this years class, well needless to say it isn't a great class. I truly think year after year we will see free agent classes worsen and worsen, because teams are continuing to lock up talent.

I don't get all the love for Garza.  He was pretty bad with the Rangers last year, and I see no reason to expect him to turn it around if he signs with us.  

As the offseason progresses our options keep getting worse and worse.  

Garza just happens to be the best available.  I think everyone would rather have Tanaka but the chances of landing him are slim.  I say roll the dice with Garza and trade for a #4.

IMHO.