• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waiting for SP price to drop + NO interest in Colon

Bill Shaikin ‏@BillShaikin 1m

#Angels waiting for FA P prices to drop, as Scott Feldman signs with #Astros for 3 years, $30 million, per @Ken_Rosenthal.

Bill Shaikin ‏@BillShaikin 2m

#Angels have no interest in Bartolo Colon, I'm told.

Lol. They'll be waiting for quite a bit then

They'll likely have to wait on a Kendrick deal as well, since teams will be going to Seattle first. Franklin + Taijuan Walker is more than anything the Halos can conjure up

With the way things are going, I'd rather see them try and move Trumbo/Kendrick/Aybar for prospect arms. If Tanaka is posted, obviously they'd go hard after him, but now with Cano gone, Yanks would be seen as the clear favorites to get him and the Halos can't compete with them and what they can offer

Trade/free up $$$ and get prospect arms....then I guess dumpster dive on some 1yr deals for like a Scott Baker or something like that.

Choose your poison jshep, pay Scott Feldman 3/30 or try to see if price drops.

Well, I had next to no interest in Scott Feldman, particular at 3/30, but I'm also not seeing any reason to expect starting pitching prices to drop.

The most likely outcome of the trying to wait out the market at this point seems to be them still standing with their dicks in their hands come January(Blanton is their dick in this metaphor). Or rooting through the scrap heap portion of the market.

Teams that are interested in Howie, still see his deal as a pretty good deal. If anything I think this increases Howie's value. A guy that is better than him, but not THAT much better than him, is getting paid $15 million more a season.

The Kendrick contract is a good deal no doubt. Very reasonable deal for what he provides. The thing though is that Franklin is younger and cheaper(and was pretty decent in his rookie season this past year) and the M's would likely be packaging other stuff with him, most notably Taijuan Walker. Halos couldn't compete with that. I'm hoping that the M's get Price with that package tbh. It would still leave things open for the Halos to move Kendrick to the Royals.

But are there only one team looking for a second baseman? Anyone that was interested in Howie before is still interested in him now. Also, if the M's throw Franklin in on a package that includes Walker, then he will be traded to most likely the Rays, which means Howie can still be dealt to all the teams that have been mentioned like the Royals.

Seems the Dodgers dont have room for Billingsley in their rotation. Wonder what they would want for him?

I would take a chance on Billingsley, but as a number 5, where Richards would be the number 6. I don't trust Billingsley to be healthy or consistent, but his stuff is good enough to take a chance on.

The Kendrick contract is a good deal no doubt. Very reasonable deal for what he provides. The thing though is that Franklin is younger and cheaper(and was pretty decent in his rookie season this past year) and the M's would likely be packaging other stuff with him, most notably Taijuan Walker. Halos couldn't compete with that. I'm hoping that the M's get Price with that package tbh. It would still leave things open for the Halos to move Kendrick to the Royals.

Thats the only way they package Walker is to get Price.

I completely and utterly agree with what the Halos are doing right now.  That is a ludicrous contract for Scott Feldman.  I would rather see them do three 1 year incentive based deals for guys looking to rebound and give Shoemaker a chance for a spot as well.  Then you have four guys for 2 spot.  One of the other gets the long man spot.  Joe Blanton can suck it. 

Also, there are invariably a few pitchers that misplay the market and end up left with no where to go by the end of the offseason.  Like Lohse.  I think the compensation guys are at the biggest risk for this.  I think Ubaldo is going to overplay his hand.