• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How is Cano worth Pujols $$$?

halonatic13

Makes no sense and I bet Pujols puts up better numbers over the course of the next 5 years. Cano's numbers will drop at Safeco.

That and, Pujols career prior to signing with the Angels is incredibly better than Cano signing with the M's.

The M's are going to regret this down the road, but I know why they did it.

Makes no sense and I bet Pujols puts up better numbers over the course of the next 5 years. Cano's numbers will drop at Safeco.

That and, Pujols career prior to signing with the Angels is incredibly better than Cano signing with the M's.

Chuck I hope you are right, I am not sure I see that happening, but I hope to hell it does.

I have to disagree about this for 2 reasons. Cano has remained pretty healthy throughout his career and Pujols has had numerous injuries. Cano is aging better because he's lighter on his feet.

The other issue is that Cano has a better plate approach than Pujols (more efficient). Cano uses all parts of the field instead of just swinging for the fences. Longevity wise, Cano will be more productive.

Edited by Hamiltown

i know what you guys are saying re: Pujols' career before the contract, but paying guys based on what they've done in the past is exactly why teams get in trouble.  You have to pay based on what you think they'll do over the course of the contract you're offering. That said, that still seems like ridiculous $$ for Cano.

Hey Claude, I thought for sure, I could be wrong, but I though that before coming to the Angels that Pujols had only been on the DL once and that was missing 15 games with a BROKEN wrist.

You're correct. Pujols has been pretty healthy throughout his career.

i know what you guys are saying re: Pujols' career before the contract, but paying guys based on what they've done in the past is exactly why teams get in trouble. You have to pay based on what you think they'll do over the course of the contract you're offering. That said, that still seems like ridiculous $$ for Cano.

Yea, but that is exactly what free agency has become in baseball. If you ever want the chance to sign the top free agents this is the risk you take.

For the M's, it makes sense. Cano is legitimately one of the best 2nd baseman ever to play offensively and he is good defensively too!

If they bring back Ibanez, Morales and also somehow traded for Matt Kemp and/or David Price?

Dear god. If we bring back Ibanez ... he better not ever see the light of day in the field. Purely a DH.

And if the M's trade Taijuan Walker for David Price ... I'd be real sad. Walker has enormous potential and would be soooo cheap for a long time (which helps offset Cano's cost). If the M's did sign Price to an extension ... well that'd just be another high price / long duration contract on the pile.

I'd much rather keep Walker and just sign a Garza type to a 2-3 year deal or something.

Edited by Ender