• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How about this: Mark Trumbo for Jake Odorizzi

Chuck

Doesn't seem like a Rays type deal, but it would be PERFECT for the Angels. Rays would probably want at least 1 relief pitcher.  They would probably take Jepsen and he'd start churning out 70 inning, 2.80 ERA years because they're the Rays and that's what they do.

I will say, though: The ONE thing Trumbo brings-- power-- is redundant. Like it or not, This team will go as far as Trout-Pujols-Hamilton will take it.  Trumbo does not have the requisite hitting ability or patience or defense (He's good, but a healthy Pujols is better) to take this team anywhere on his own. As an ancillary piece to the core ( the trio mentioned above plus Kendrick,Weaver, and Wilson) he's less valuable to how this team is constructed than a young, controllable, arm. 

Hmmm so either Howie, Aybar or Trumbo will be traded to get a pitcher and to clear up room to sign a FA starter or they try to buy low on guys.

I hope they an at least pony up to get someone like Arroyo or Colon.

Maybe I'm insane, but why is everyone assuming that Colon gets more than 6 million a year? I can see 8 on a one year deal, but not much more. 40 year olds with PED history and a weight problem just don't seem that valuable to me. 

Here's the thing that kept recurring in my head the more I thought about this trade:

The Tampa front office is really freakin smart and even though this deal seems relatively fair, I just don't see them trading a pitcher for a guy who's value is one dimensional when they could (and have) get equal or slightly lesser value from a bargain pickup like Hart and give up nothing in trade.  I just don't see them being all that impressed by Trumbo's one trick. 

Chuck, if you emailed this proposal to Dipoto and his response was anything but "what are you smoking?" I would take that as a positive sign. I think this would be a good deal.

It was a very short response, not offering a no or a yes, but a thank you. I'm just glad he read it. :)

I'd rather trade Mark Trumbo to the Marlins for Jacob Turner and possibly Steve Cishek. With Cishek due for more money, the Marlins will want him off their hands asap. Major reason they let go of Ryan Webb. And for Howie Kendrick, I'd try to trade him to the Royals for Yordano Ventura, Tim Collins and a prospect.

Jered Weaver

CJ Wilson

Yordano Ventura

Garrett Richards

Jacob Turner

And adding Cishek to take over the closer roll would be a huge upgrade.

Here's the thing that kept recurring in my head the more I thought about this trade:

The Tampa front office is really freakin smart and even though this deal seems relatively fair, I just don't see them trading a pitcher for a guy who's value is one dimensional when they could (and have) get equal or slightly lesser value from a bargain pickup like Hart and give up nothing in trade. I just don't see them being all that impressed by Trumbo's one trick.

Doc, I am not sure you are considering the fact that the Rays have a huge hole at first base and very limited resources to pay a free agent first baseman. And while Trumbo might be overrated and have his flaws, he would still be a massive upgrade over their other options.

So Trumbo might not have any value to a team like the Yankees, but he could be highly desired by the Rays. This is especially true if there is any merit to the rumors that James Loney (arguably one of their better options) is seeking 3/30.

I'd rather trade Mark Trumbo to the Marlins for Jacob Turner and possibly Steve Cishek. With Cishek due for more money, the Marlins will want him off their hands asap. Major reason they let go of Ryan Webb. And for Howie Kendrick, I'd try to trade him to the Royals for Yordano Ventura, Tim Collins and a prospect.

Jered Weaver

CJ Wilson

Yordano Ventura

Garrett Richards

Jacob Turner

And adding Cishek to take over the closer roll would be a huge upgrade.

I would do Turner and Cishek for Trumbo, even though I question whether Turner is ready to hold a spot full time in the AL. Cishek would be a massive upgrade for us.

No way the Marlins do such a deal though.