• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robinson Cano offered 10-year $230-240 million by Mariners?

Chuck

As a Mariner fan, I'm all for this.

3-4 years from now I might really regret this deal ... but jesus ... the shit we've had to deal with for the past decade has nearly made me leave this team behind as a fan.

Sure signing Cano might not amount to anything as far as wins ... or playoff appearances etc .... but it gives hope and that's really not something we've had in a while.

Its not my money ... and its becoming quite clear you need to be willing to spend money to compete. The M's also have the TV deal money coming shortly.

As an Angels fan, I'm all for this.

3-4 years from now I might really regret this deal ... but jesus ... the shit we've had to deal with for the past few years has nearly made me leave this team behind as a fan.

Sure signing Pujols might not amount to anything as far as wins ... or playoff appearances etc .... but it gives hope and that's really not something we've had in a while.

Its not my money ... and its becoming quite clear you need to be willing to spend money to compete. The Angels also have the TV deal money coming shortly.

-Angel Fan 2011

I think you guys will be excited, but not hopeful...at least the realists.

The main thing is the salary cap hit. (lets just call it what it is)

The M's have to believe they will get a good roi from attendance, promotions, etc. to do this deal....much like us with Pujols.

I don't think pulling a Rangers with A-Rod is the way to go though, unless it's purely business which I could.understand and accept.

Cano will not bring any fans to games, winning will.

He's not a flashy player, he's not exciting to watch and he's not a once in a lifetime player.

We thought we were getting a once in a lifetime player in pujols for the first few years of the contract.

Edited by Poozy

As an Angels fan, I'm all for this.

3-4 years from now I might really regret this deal ... but jesus ... the shit we've had to deal with for the past few years has nearly made me leave this team behind as a fan.

Sure signing Pujols might not amount to anything as far as wins ... or playoff appearances etc .... but it gives hope and that's really not something we've had in a while.

Its not my money ... and its becoming quite clear you need to be willing to spend money to compete. The Angels also have the TV deal money coming shortly.

-Angel Fan 2011

LET ME HAVE MY DREAMS OK? YOU GUYS WON A WS IN 2002 ... I don't know what even GOING to the WS is like and I've been a Mariner fan for a good 24 years now :(

Edited by Ender

They compared David Wright to Cano the other day because they've played the same exact number of games in their careers.

Career:

Cano - 1374 games, .309/.355/.504, 125 OPS+, 204 HR, 822 RBI, 799 runs, 350 BB, 38 SB

Wright - 1374 games, .301/.382/.506, 137 OPS+, 222 HR, 876 RBI, 853 runs, 671 BB, 183 SB

Wright's extension: 8 years/$138M (2013-2020)

Cano possible contract: 10 years/$230-240M

They compared David Wright to Cano the other day because they've played the same exact number of games in their careers.

Career:

Cano - 1374 games, .309/.355/.504, 125 OPS+, 204 HR, 822 RBI, 799 runs, 350 BB, 38 SB

Wright - 1374 games, .301/.382/.506, 137 OPS+, 222 HR, 876 RBI, 853 runs, 671 BB, 183 SB

Wright's extension: 8 years/$138M (2013-2020)

Cano possible contract: 10 years/$230-240M

I guess u are missing defensive metrics as well. This isn't a fantasy team.

By Steve Adams [December 5 at 6:50pm CST]

6:45pm: The Mariners are "about to offer" Cano a nine-year, $225MM deal, CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports. Heyman indicates that Seattle is bidding $225MM to stay $50MM ahead of the Yankees, whose don't want to top $175MM.

So the Yanks feel that Cano is worth only $25mil more than Ellsbury???

The Mariners need to make a move to please the fans and so their team is just flat out better next year.

If they add Cano, they're about an 80 win team so they probably wouldn't be done after getting Cano. Trading Walker for Price would be short sighted IMO so I think they should try to bring in guys like Ubaldo or Garza, maybe even shoot power.

They still need some big upgrades at offense too even with Cano so I'm sure they have some moves that will follow this.