• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robinson Cano offered 10-year $230-240 million by Mariners?

Chuck

According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes, the Mariners have let Robinson Cano know that they would be willing to give him a 10-year contract worth between $230-240 million.

Damn, I'd be shocked if they did this. Perhaps the Mariners are serious about winning ball games now that Seattle's NFL team is successful and getting national recognition?

That's a Pujols type contract. I'm not sure his career warrants this kind of money if you're comparing one of the bests to Cano, who is just two years younger.

I hope they do it.  Sure, they are a divisional rival - but I wish the bottom-feeders of the MLB would be more competitive.

Yeah, I'd like to attend a packed house whenever the Angels come to town. These past few years have been pretty shitty as far as fan attendance up here when the Angels come to town. Back when we had Vlad they had 30-40 thousand fans at Safeco Field.

From Rotoworld:

If that's the case, we're not sure how Cano hasn't signed with them yet. Only Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez (twice) have received bigger contracts in the history of the game. Rojas hears that Cano took a private flight from from New York to Seattle on Thursday to meet with the Mariners, so reports pegging them as a serious threat would appear to be accurate. We'll soon see whether this will be enough for the Yankees to increase their limit, which is reportedly in the range of seven years and $175 million.

If this happens, gotta wonder if they then package Nick Franklin with Taijuan Walker to land David Price

With Zobrist at 2B, I'm not sure they even need Franklin. The Rays may ask for Walker and Paxton. They probably ship him to the Royals for a prospect SP.

From Rotoworld:

If that's the case, we're not sure how Cano hasn't signed with them yet. Only Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez (twice) have received bigger contracts in the history of the game. Rojas hears that Cano took a private flight from from New York to Seattle on Thursday to meet with the Mariners, so reports pegging them as a serious threat would appear to be accurate. We'll soon see whether this will be enough for the Yankees to increase their limit, which is reportedly in the range of seven years and $175 million.

If he really has received that massive of a deal, he's going to push the Yankees as hard as possible to make a move before he does anything.  I doubt many players out there would choose Seattle if they could get similar money from the Yanks.  Even more so given that he's played there his entire career and is already comfortable with the organization.  

no way the yanks are going to match that.  not even close.  

maybe there's another team they're trying to reel in and they're using the m's as a ploy, but i doubt it's NYC anymore.  not since they just signed 2 monster contracts with ellsbury and mccann.  

its monopoly money to them. especially in an off season where they just watched Boston win it all..

who else is going to pay that?

As a Mariner fan, I'm all for this.

3-4 years from now I might really regret this deal ... but jesus ... the shit we've had to deal with for the past decade has nearly made me leave this team behind as a fan.

Sure signing Cano might not amount to anything as far as wins ... or playoff appearances etc .... but it gives hope and that's really not something we've had in a while.

Its not my money ... and its becoming quite clear you need to be willing to spend money to compete. The M's also have the TV deal money coming shortly.

Edited by Ender

I think you guys will be excited, but not hopeful...at least the realists.

The main thing is the salary cap hit. (lets just call it what it is)

The M's have to believe they will get a good roi from attendance, promotions, etc. to do this deal....much like us with Pujols.

I don't think pulling a Rangers with A-Rod is the way to go though, unless it's purely business which I could.understand and accept.