• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Possible Landing Spots for Howie Kendrick via a trade....

Chuck

I'd say those teams are the four contenders. I don't think you should count out the Orioles or the Nationals. The Nationals may want to move Rendon and a starter for David Price.

I'd also consider the Rays, as an outside option, if it was a three way deal, as they may need Kendrick, but we don't have enough to get their preferred tradeable arm. They have Zobrist, but might try Howie at first or push Zobrist to the outfield and swap an Outfielder for a first baseman. They need a first baseman. It would mean one of Joyce, Jennings, Myers, or DeJesus would be gone and one would be the DH, but is that bad?

Hey may need a year or two in AA/AAA. You never know, he could flat out suck balls.

Don't forget that he could end up playing SS or 3B. They don't have Uribe or necessarily even want him back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/los-angeles-dodgers-could-target-angels-howie-kendrick-185000956--mlb.html

This article proposed an interesting swap: Beckett, Lee, Cash back for Kendrick. I'm no Beckett fan, but I'd consider that.

I'd do Beckett, Lee for Kendrick and Blanton.

Or Billingsley, Lee for Kendrick, Blanton and $3M plus a lower tier prospect.

Lets keep Howie. I really think we will regret trading him.

I'm close to in the same boat. Howie just has a lot of value being one of the better 2nd basemen with a good contract. I think his replacement is such a huge drop off as well.

That said, I'd be willing to compromise if we won a trade for once that also filled some needs. I like some of the options people are throwing around in this thread.

Yeah he's recovered from his surgery. That's a pretty good return since we get more bullpen help and a cost controlled starter. 

My biggest issue is Green starting full time. I like the bat but the defense needs to improve big time. 

I think green will be playing more 3b than 2b. If Freese goes on the dl, then Green plays. I have a gut feeling that Lindsey will skip AAA and play 2b.

I think green will be playing more 3b than 2b. If Freese goes on the dl, then Green plays. I have a gut feeling that Lindsey will skip AAA and play 2b.

I disagree. I don't think they traded a valuable asset in Bourjos to get Freese if they thought Green could handle 3rd.

My guess is they are actively trying to shop Howie to get the starter they desperately need and Green can replace him. If Green doesn't cut it, Lindsey will get called up. I think Jimenez plays 3rd if Freese gets hurts.