• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Possible Landing Spots for Howie Kendrick via a trade....

Chuck

The Cubs are still a long ways away from really competing so trading for that one infield piece for 2 years is not going to set their roster up. They have good young guys in Castro, Castillo and Rizzo but adding Kendrick still leaves a black hole at 3rd base and their outfield is far from productive at the plate with Soriano gone.

But by mid year I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Bryant isn't called up to take over 3rd base and do some on the job training. That would make most of their infield in their early 20's with a high ceiling.

Who knows, with their pitching maybe an addition of Kendrick could provide just that little bit of veteran experience and a solid bat to put some confidence back in the young core. The only question for the Cubs would be if this year is the year to make a push and get the club moving towards the playoffs or take it slow and keep the rebuild going.

I think the Royals are the most likely spot. If they part with Duffy or Ventura plus another piece, possibly a pitching prospect or one of their bullpen arms, I think it would work.

I still think we should keep Howie IMO though. 

If the Royals acquire Beltran, a Kendrick-Butler based deal seems like a real possibility, possibly with a 3rd team involved such as the Pirates or Rays who would acquire Mark Trumbo as well.

Who said? They do not have a 2B currently. The Cuban they signed isn't a sure thing.

From what I have been told by my Dodger die hard friends, the Dodgers are confident in the Cuban they signed and the Dodgers plan on re-signing Ellis in case the Cuban needs a little more time.

If the Royals acquire Beltran, a Kendrick-Butler based deal seems like a real possibility, possibly with a 3rd team involved such as the Pirates or Rays who would acquire Mark Trumbo as well.

Why would we want to acquire Butler? He makes the same as Howie and we don't have a spot for him.

Duffy and probably Collins. Duffy is coming back from TJ surg last year no?

Yeah he's recovered from his surgery. That's a pretty good return since we get more bullpen help and a cost controlled starter. 

My biggest issue is Green starting full time. I like the bat but the defense needs to improve big time. 

The Cubs are still a long ways away from really competing so trading for that one infield piece for 2 years is not going to set their roster up. They have good young guys in Castro, Castillo and Rizzo but adding Kendrick still leaves a black hole at 3rd base and their outfield is far from productive at the plate with Soriano gone.

Racist.

Why would we want to acquire Butler? He makes the same as Howie and we don't have a spot for him.

Because there is still a decent possibility that we trade Trumbo. If that happens the Royals, who are watching their budget as much as we are, have been advertising the fact they want to move Butler and he would be a replacement bat at DH for the next two years until someone like C.J. Cron is ready for the Majors.

The Royals have stated clear interest in competing in 2014 and they are pursuing Carlos Beltran. The reason they are pursuing him is that they want to trade Butler due to his lack of any defensive position on the field (stuck at DH) and having someone like Beltran would give them a replacement bat at DH plus the ability to play a corner outfield spot if needed. Butler can't do that for them.

As far as Butler on the Angels he has a high OBP with good power that would be an offensive replacement if we moved Trumbo. It is just a thought that I think has a decent chance of happening. We'll know pretty soon I think as I expect the Royals will know whether or not they will sign Beltran by the Winter Meetings next week.

To be clear I'm only advocating trying to acquire Butler if Trumbo is traded. If not I am perfectly happy with a Kendrick to the Royals scenario with us acquiring a top pitching prospect such as Kyle Zimmer or Yordano Ventura.

What, not happy with Callaspo?!

It has nothing to do with what I want. Honestly, I got exactly what I thought the A's would get with Callaspo...his defense is just bad BUT had some big hits and a great at bat vs Scherzer is game 4. I'd personally keep him over Punto..but that's me.