• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baptist leader Richard Land: "Adoption is the best option" (for single mothers)

Original premise is sincere and reasonable then as usual the outer fringe crazy works it's way in and admonishes all single parents as unsuitable. There is validation in teen pregnancies on a whole are not sucessfull that impoverished mothers do not have the resources to raise children but outside of that there are plenty of other options that are not adoption based.

Narrow minded focus of our team is better pretty much destroys the value of the first couple of paragraph then the ending parable simply destroys all of the original good will.

Yes, this is incorrect and boxlike thinking.  Every situation is different.  I work closely in this field and I find this person's point of view disturbing.  Most know that I am strongly pro-life and this guy has got it completely wrong.  There are plenty of unwanted children out there already.  Children in this country and children around the world in need of good homes.  I believe we take care of those first (which will pretty much never end) before we worry about single mothers. 

Yes, this is incorrect and boxlike thinking.  Every situation is different.  I work closely in this field and I find this person's point of view disturbing.  Most know that I am strongly pro-life and this guy has got it completely wrong.  There are plenty of unwanted children out there already.  Children in this country and children around the world in need of good homes.  I believe we take care of those first (which will pretty much never end) before we worry about single mothers. 

Agreed. Also, there are plenty of Christian couples, and non-Christian couples - GOOD PEOPLE - who frankly, aren't very good parents. Parenting ability certainly reflects a lot of intangibles but also a strong skill set. Not EVERYONE should raise a bunch of kids. I don't think I would be the best option to adopt. At least not today.Thankfully there are those capable and gifted to do so. Here is a great example - 

http://www.uptv.com/blog/uplifting-video-of-the-week-family-adopts-nine-kids

Thank God for these folks and others like them.

in reading the original article, i didn't really find much to object about. i agree with his idea that it's best for a baby to have two parents instead of one, generally speaking. i'd also rather see kids adopted than aborted.

The thing that bothers me more than anything else is the acceptance of the term "single mother".

I remember when terms like "baby momma" and "baby daddy" were unnecessary, and there was actually a stigma attached to pregnancy out of wedlock. Not to say that pregnant unwed women should be ostracized and isolated, but there is a portion of today's youth that sees unwed pregnancy as a badge of honor, or a way to a larger welfare check. Sit around and breed, and you will never have to work.