• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sandy Hook 911 calls

What the hell are you talking about? It's crucial to see how the police responded, what tactics they took and see if anything could have been done better. You have to understand the gravity and importance of understanding the facts of any incident.

-----

I didn't get any enjoyment out of it whatsoever. I wanted to know exactly what happened and how they responded.

To those who say a person must need help if they listen to the tapes: Did you never watch JFK being killed? The second plane hitting the second tower? The Boston video?

All these events are incredibly tragic and sad but they are part of history and need to be treated as such.

Why is it crucial for the general public to seek out such things? First, there is absolutely nothing that is gained by listening to the tapes that would not be gained by reading the transcript. Not all incidents need to be examined and investigated by armchair detectives, as if there's some missing clue that no one in the world, especially law enforcement themselves, slipped up on and missed. By listening to those tapes, are you better able to do your job? Probably not, since your job likely has zero interaction with the events of Sandy Hook.

As far as asking whether or not someone has seen the JFK assassination, 9/11 or Boston videos, those are entirely different situations. The Zepruder film is nothing more than a snuff film that's somehow become acceptable to show on TV every November, which, by the way, I'm not a fan of either. The conspiracies surrounding that event are the relevant and interesting parts, but seeing JFK's face blow up is completely not necessary to tell the story. But low and behold, each time the story comes up, JFK's final seconds are there in glorious technicolor. As for 9/11 and Boston, I saw those videos the day of the event because the TV stations couldn't get enough of it and aired the footage long before there were any disclaimers. I refuse to watch any of the replays. Those are things that were thrust in front of my eyes before I had any chance to turn away. I have never done a websearch for any of those, nor any other snuff films. I'm just not wired with the need to.

I don't need to have any video or audio to know that tragedies occurred that day. I just remember back to a friend of mine who was stuck knowing that his son was in lockdown, that shots had been fired at a school in the area, and him not knowing if his son was alive or dead. It took 20 of the longest minutes of his life before he found out that it was not his son's school, but one of the elementary schools that feeds into his son's school. Nothing like getting a blast Text message on my phone asking for prayers and information even before the news anchors at CNN uttered a word of it to bring that situation a little closer to home.

And to the person who is defending the release of the tapes by citing the father, that is entirely another situation. The father has been inundated with wacko accusations by conspiratorial lunatics that claim that he is just an actor, paid by Obama, to fake this tragedy in order to enact new gun legislation. The only problem with his logic is the fundamental problem with arguing with any conspiracy nut, no matter how much information you give them, they simply weave it into their story to further their own need to make sense out of the senseless.

But I don't need to listen to the tapes or read the transcripts in order to pass judgment on the police response that day in Connecticut. I have enough faith in the guys and gals that put on a uniform to do their best in the middle of sheer horror not to try to pick nits about their response to a madman with a gun in the middle of an elementary school full of children. Besides, there's not a damned thing that would change by my listening to those tapes. It would benefit no one.

Edited by Eric

I probably watched the most gnar footage back in college. I followed the Daniel Pearl story closely back in 2002 when he was beheaded by Al Qaeda. When the video was leaked, I felt the need to see it. I couldn't understand how someone could do such a thing. Obviously what I saw cannot be erased from memory and looking back shouldn't have watched it. I immediately deleted it once the video ended. But I wanted to know how these terrorist scums worked. Now if I'm in the unfortunate position of a terrorist attack, I'll go down with a fight.

According to Eric, the need you felt see that video means that you should seek psychiatric help. But apparently you needed the help after seeing the video. Either way get help dude.

I probably watched the most gnar footage back in college. I followed the Daniel Pearl story closely back in 2002 when he was beheaded by Al Qaeda. When the video was leaked, I felt the need to see it. I couldn't understand how someone could do such a thing. Obviously what I saw cannot be erased from memory and looking back shouldn't have watched it. I immediately deleted it once the video ended. But I wanted to know how these terrorist scums worked. Now if I'm in the unfortunate position of a terrorist attack, I'll go down with a fight.

I could never watch that. The only thing I can take from that is knowing that everyone associated with that film probably have been blown to bits by now.

According to this medical study, there is certainly a correlation.

http://www.thelocal.se/20131129/facebook-updates-can-reveal-if-you-are-a-psychopath-lund-sahlgrenska

That does not even come close to being relevent. First off people on Facebook are psychopath to start with, then it is not even a study of effects of viewing or listening to Ingmar Bergman films. Edited by Eric Notti

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get any enjoyment out of it whatsoever. I wanted to know exactly what happened and how they responded.

To those who say a person must need help if they listen to the tapes: Did you never watch JFK being killed? The second plane hitting the second tower? The Boston video?

All these events are incredibly tragic and sad but they are part of history and need to be treated as such.

I agree with you.