• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sandy Hook 911 calls

Have I listened? No. Will I listen? Not if I can avoid it.

Not for nothing, but one must have psychopathic tendencies in order to seek stuff like that out. People that watch or seek out to watch beheadings, footage of traffic accidents, and the like need to seek psychiatric help, fast because there are underlying psychological issues that prompt those responses.

Scott, in all seriousness, please, get help. It's not healthy to have felt the need to listen to those tapes.

Not for nothing, but one must have psychopathic tendencies in order to seek stuff like that out. People that watch or seek out to watch beheadings, footage of traffic accidents, and the like need to seek psychiatric help, fast because there are underlying psychological issues that prompt those responses.

not even close.

Scott, in all seriousness, please, get help. It's not healthy to have felt the need to listen to those tapes.

What the hell are you talking about? It's crucial to see how the police responded, what tactics they took and see if anything could have been done better.  You have to understand the gravity and importance of understanding the facts of any incident.

They need to be listened to because there is evil in this world and if you ignore it long enough you can become victim to it. This is a tragedy, but it wont be the last. When it hits close to home its always in the back of your mind, hopefully you learn from it and are willing to do whatever is needed the next time it happens and you are there. There are countless instances in other events of people not reacting, both law enforcement and civilians, that cost many lives. All we can do is never forget those we lost, learn from it, and do the best we can when the next situation arises.

There should be no enjoyment from this, and if you do get your kicks off it then you have serious issues. But these events are a harsh reality that need to be known about.

Edited by Socaliente

I think the people who need to listen to it are those involved as first responders and emergency procedures. They can be useful training tools for people in those areas.

Generally speaking, I don't need to hear these calls nor do I need to dissect them. Most people here don't need to, either.

I have no desire to listen to them but I don't think it automatically makes someone a sicko if they do. If they don't feel anything, then I'd be a little skeptical.

I was watching the news yesterday and one of the victim's fathers said it was not a bad thing for those tapes to be released because there would be less confusion and less false rumors to what went on. Take from that what you will.

LOL. Right?

The 911 audio tapes aren't for me. But I can see how someone would be curious to hear them. People process tragedies in different ways. Actually hearing the audio will make the scenario more real and have a better understanding of the situation. This could help someone come to a resolution. Now if someone gets ENJOYMENT out of hearing them, that would be psychotic. 

I didn't get any enjoyment out of it whatsoever. I wanted to know exactly what happened and how they responded.

To those who say a person must need help if they listen to the tapes: Did you never watch JFK being killed? The second plane hitting the second tower? The Boston video?

All these events are incredibly tragic and sad but they are part of history and need to be treated as such.

I probably watched the most gnar footage back in college. I followed the Daniel Pearl story closely back in 2002 when he was beheaded by Al Qaeda. When the video was leaked, I felt the need to see it. I couldn't understand how someone could do such a thing. Obviously what I saw cannot be erased from memory and looking back shouldn't have watched it. I immediately deleted it once the video ended. But I wanted to know how these terrorist scums worked. Now if I'm in the unfortunate position of a terrorist attack, I'll go down with a fight.